Windows 10: Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I import my Thunderbird address book into Windows 10 Mail?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DAVIDBRUNS, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

How do I import my Thunderbird address book into Windows 10 Mail?

:)

DAVIDBRUNS, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Mystere Win User

Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

I'm sorry, but where exactly did you find an Address book in Windows Mail? It doesn't have one, as such importing one isn't an option.

There is a People app, however, which you can link to any of several online accounts and use their address books. So, you can use any of the online services address book import functions. For instance, outlook.com/Hotmail have the ability to import from Windows Live Mail, or other services.

The WLM import is a comma delimited format, so you may be able to figure out a way to export your address book in a comma delimited format and work with that.

Mystere, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

suggest you learn about your products before answering these questions, try reading my answer to this question, the address book for the new Mail client is hidden in system files, the old contact list that we all would like to use cannot be used by the new
    Mail app, it only picks up email addresses that we either have already replied to or send to manually, so to add to the address book all of my previously used contacts I need to manualy imput their address in to TO box & send them an email then that address
    will store, there is no import address book contacts for this app or even an link to the address book, so it is rubbish, suggest you pass this on to someone higher up, & respond to me when you have built in an Import/export & accessible address book, until
    then I will use a decent & simple email client like Thunderbird.

Lastmanjack, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

Address Book for Windows 10 mail app

The address book for the win 10 app is hidden in the system files & only collects the address when you either reply to an email or manually type in an email address, it is not able to be accessed to remove or add to, there is no import or export, so its
    totally useless, the most ridiculas thing is that all your previous contacts are sitting in the contacts folder & list stored in windows that if the idiots had built this new win 10 properly the app could of simply tapped into like other email clients that
    have a simple import/Export for the address book, again Microsoft you have made it harder not easier, I suggest that anyone wanting a simple email client to use Mozzilla Thunderbird & simply import the address book from the windows contact list, something
    their stupid app should of done from the start.

Strangley Microsoft have not given this info as an answer to any of your questions as to were the address book is on Mail, I dug deep to find this as a * at the bottom of a list???

Shame on you Microsoft, have the decency to tell the truth when some one asks something not give a load of bs,

simple answer to were is Mail Address book, is, it is hidden in system & cannot be accessed/added to or deleted by an ordinary person in any simple way.????

Lastmanjack, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

1. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Importing Address book

2. Address book in Mail with 2 accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Address book in Mail with 2 accounts: Hi, I've recently migrated my parents laptop from Windows Live to standart Windows 10 Mail client. I've also added 2 gmail accounts. when I start new message and click address book button I see contacts only from second account. It doesn't matter which account I choose in...
  3. Windows 10 mail address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail address book: Where do you go in Windows 10 mail to add, delete or edit info in your address book? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-address-book/739db86f-c162-48cb-8c71-1840f7ae5de2
  4. importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.: Okay, I am trying to "migrate" my outlook 2016 contacts to xfinity/comcast address book but am having a problem. I open xfinity/comcast and select import contacts and it says migration is in progress but the time elapse wheel keeps going and going and going and nothing...
  5. windows live mail , address book problem .

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail , address book problem .: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 10.0.18362 , windows live mail I am having a problem with windows live mail , address book : I have no "Contacts" Folder or Button after login outlook.live.com/mail/ . How do I find it ? Thanx 154578
  6. Correcting an entry in Windows 10 Mail Address Book

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Correcting an entry in Windows 10 Mail Address Book: I have a very strange issue with the Windows 10 Mail Address Book (People). I made an error in an entry (reversed two numbers). I selected Edit and corrected the entry. Then when I entered the first letter in a new email, BOTH addresses appeared and I had to choose the...
  7. import address book to windows 10 email, off 0f thumb drive..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    import address book to windows 10 email, off 0f thumb drive..: How to import address book off of thumb drive to Windows 10 email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/import-address-book-to-windows-10-email-off-0f/c424b2f0-a114-4867-a202-87458bcf86a5
  8. Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?: Starting our on Win 10. Problems ongoing with Thunderbird after many years of good use so trying out the Mail which comes with Win10. First thing is to address mail but I can't see any contacts/address bk/or other list of contacts. Is this intentional? are contacts stores...
  9. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird: How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694
  10. Imported mail addresses won't sync

in Browsers and Email
    Imported mail addresses won't sync: Hi everyone. Does microsoft assume everyone is a computer wizard? I've finally managed to import my other email addresses into my mail app but no matter how many times I tweak the settings in privacy etc. I keep getting message "not synced yet". Does anyone know how I...