Windows 10: Importing and Exporting Keys from MBAM and AD

Discus and support Importing and Exporting Keys from MBAM and AD in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello All, I have been working on getting bitlocker deployed across the entire organization I work at and we have been running into issues where the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by manofskill123, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Importing and Exporting Keys from MBAM and AD

Hello All,

I have been working on getting bitlocker deployed across the entire organization I work at and we have been running into issues where the recovery keys aren't centralized. Some of the recovery keys are stored in AD and some of them are stored on the MBAM SQL Database but not both. My goal is to have the recovery keys stored in both places (AD and MBAM) for the sake of redundancy (if something were to happen to mbam or AD).

I was wondering if its possible to export recovery keys from a MBAM SQL Database and Import them into AD and Vice Versa? (Export keys from AD and Import them into a mbam SQL Database?) What is the best way to go about this?

:)

manofskill123, Jun 5, 2019

2. Escrowing Keys between MBAM and AD

Good day,

I am currently working on encrypting all the machines at my organization using MBAM (which was actually introduced before I started at the company). The issue I am running into is that some of the machines are escrowing the keys into MBAM while others are
    just being stored in AD. This wouldn't be such an issue but the Help Desk team needs to ability to get the recovery key quickly if a PC were to prompt for the key. Not to mention, We want to ensure that all the keys are centralized and that there is a redundant
    way of getting the key if MBAM or AD were to fail. Is there a way to escrow the keys from MBAM to AD and vice versa? This way the help desk team can just use the portal to search for any recovery key without having to go between AD to look and then MBAM?

Any help of this would be greatly appreciated.

manofskill123, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Import/Export Contacts

Hi,

Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone.

Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list, and then importing the .vcf file from the computer, which instantly results in an complete, updated list.

However, going in the other direction is my problem.

If I try to do the same in reverse, trying to import the .vcf file into the computer contacts, it wants to do it one contact at a time, instead of the full list all at once.

I suppose they can be Imported/Exported thru gmail, but I would prefer doing it directly...phone contacts only, without importing gmail contacts

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Taters88 Win User

Importing and Exporting Keys from MBAM and AD

exporting and importing Favourites

If I export My Favourites to a USB for importing on a new computer, does it wipe the favourites list off of the 'old' computer?

Taters88, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Importing and Exporting Keys from MBAM and AD

1. Importing and Exporting Keys from MBAM and AD - Similar Threads - Importing Exporting Keys

2. Export/Import Edge folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export/Import Edge folder: I'm getting ready to move a project from one computer to another one. Is it possible to export 1 folder under _MyFavorites on one computer and import it on another computer? If so how?...
  3. problem exporting/importing registry keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem exporting/importing registry keys: I am using Repetier-Host for 3D printing. Configs are stored in the registry. Some configs are lines of code that contain CR, LF characters. These entries are made by the program. [ATTACH] If I look at the entry using Modify, copy the entry, save it to a txt file and look...
  4. Escrowing Keys between MBAM and AD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Escrowing Keys between MBAM and AD: Good day, I am currently working on encrypting all the machines at my organization using MBAM (which was actually introduced before I started at the company). The issue I am running into is that some of the machines are escrowing the keys into MBAM while others are just...
  5. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  6. Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows: How to: Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows How to Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows System configuration information is stored centrally in a hierarchical database called the registry. You can use Registry Editor to add and edit registry keys and...
  7. Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Export To, Import From Or Setup Outlook 2016: I have been using Windows Live Mail 2012 as my email client for years. Due to Microsoft changes I decided to switch to Outlook 2016. I have installed Office 365 Personal, taking advantage of the free one year subscription, although I am considering cancelling and deleting it...
  8. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  9. Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system: Brink, this one is another issue that you may already have a solution for on hand. I "Think" I have done it like this before in windows? XP? Not recently for sure. This will be for Windows 10 X64. I need a way to export a specific printer profile such that it can be...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export mbam keys into AD

2. mbam import recovery keys from ad

3. mbam sync to AD