Windows 10: Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

Discus and support Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Contacts file in Internet Explorer that I would like to either sync or export to People app in Windows 10 Mail. How do I do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesClements2, Nov 8, 2018.

1. JamesClements2 Win User

Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

I have a Contacts file in Internet Explorer that I would like to either sync or export to People app in Windows 10 Mail. How do I do it?

:)

JamesClements2, Nov 8, 2018
  2. ImInChargeNotMikersoft Win User

Importing Contacts in Windows 10

There is no "Add people" much less "Import from a file" only "Import contacts" and it lists crap I don't have. How do you really import a .cvs contacts file???

ImInChargeNotMikersoft, Nov 8, 2018
  3. FredEEW Win User
    Import contacts cvs file into Windows 10 people app

The suggested list of subjects were interesting, but I need to have one that is specific to Windows 10.

I'm running Outlook 2010 and I've exported the contacts list to a CVS file. At this point I try to follow the directions, but keep running into options in the people app that allow me to export but not to import. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

FredEEW, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Janeane Cru Win User

importing contacts into People

Hi Sharyn,

The People app is your address book and your social app all in one.
    Please be informed that the the People app doesn’t have a built-in option to import contacts directly. In order to import contact to the app you'll need to use a .csv file. Kindly follow the steps given by Sayan on this thread:

Importing Contacts in Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App - Similar Threads - Importing Contact file

2. Windows Mail/People import CSV file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail/People import CSV file: I see some articles here that must be using a different Windows Mail, because mine does not look like what they say. In 'About' mine says version 16005.10827.20137.0. Is that the correct one?? If so, can I import contacts?...
  3. Importing contacts to People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  4. Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

Delete recent contacts from Microsoft People: In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts. I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled. How to remove them? [img] [img] 112642
  5. Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People: I've sent my contacts from Outlook to a .csv file. I cannot find a way to import that file into Windows 10 People app. I've been searching and searching online, and the only instructions I've found is to link my Outlook to People, and even that doesn't work. When I've...
  6. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...
  7. How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)?

in Browsers and Email
    How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)?: I am trying to migrate from XP to Windows 10. On XP, I have a large address book in a .wab file. I couldn't find any help about how to access it in Windows 10, so I tried clicking on the .wab file. Windows 10 then said it was importing my contacts. The process took a few...
  8. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...
  9. Forming a group from contacts (people)

Forming a group from contacts (people): I want to send an email to a group of 35 contacts taken from my list of 90 contacts (or people as windows 10 call them). I would then give the group a title which would be put in the bcc line. Help appreciated. 61853
  10. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Does this work if IE is on one computer and Edge is on another? (If not, I suppose I should download IE11 onto the new computer.) 18882