Windows 10: Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

Discus and support Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Contacts file in Internet Explorer that I would like to either sync or export to People app in Windows 10 Mail. How do I do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesClements2, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

I have a Contacts file in Internet Explorer that I would like to either sync or export to People app in Windows 10 Mail. How do I do it?

:)

JamesClements2, Nov 8, 2018

2. Importing Contacts in Windows 10

There is no "Add people" much less "Import from a file" only "Import contacts" and it lists crap I don't have. How do you really import a .cvs contacts file???

ImInChargeNotMikersoft, Nov 8, 2018
  3. FredEEW Win User
    Import contacts cvs file into Windows 10 people app

The suggested list of subjects were interesting, but I need to have one that is specific to Windows 10.

I'm running Outlook 2010 and I've exported the contacts list to a CVS file. At this point I try to follow the directions, but keep running into options in the people app that allow me to export but not to import. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

FredEEW, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

importing contacts into People

Hi Sharyn,

The People app is your address book and your social app all in one.
    Please be informed that the the People app doesn’t have a built-in option to import contacts directly. In order to import contact to the app you'll need to use a .csv file. Kindly follow the steps given by Sayan on this thread:

Importing Contacts in Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

1. Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App - Similar Threads - Importing Contact file

2. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  3. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  4. Importing contacts into People in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing contacts into People in Windows 11: New laptop with Windows 11 installed and updated. Email works OK but I cannot import my old contacts ,csv file into the People section of Mail. Instructions on windows help shows for Windows 10, and People in 11 does not show importing files the same as the instructions....
  5. Importing contacts into People in Windows 11

Importing contacts into People in Windows 11: New laptop with Windows 11 installed and updated. Email works OK but I cannot import my old contacts ,csv file into the People section of Mail. Instructions on windows help shows for Windows 10, and People in 11 does not show importing files the same as the instructions....
  6. How to import multiple contacts into the People app from one .vcf file?

How to import multiple contacts into the People app from one .vcf file?: Hello, I'm trying to import multiple contacts into the Windows' People app from one .vcf file. When I click the file, the app appears, but only allows me to import one contact....
  7. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  8. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  9. Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People: I've sent my contacts from Outlook to a .csv file. I cannot find a way to import that file into Windows 10 People app. I've been searching and searching online, and the only instructions I've found is to link my Outlook to People, and even that doesn't work. When I've...
  10. Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 How to Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 The People app included in Windows 10 puts all the ways you connect with all your friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances in one place,...