Windows 10: Importing contacts from Google

Discus and support Importing contacts from Google in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot import my contacts into Outlook from Google. After I export the .csv file from Google, and try to import it into Outlook, I get the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bee408, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Bee408 Win User

Importing contacts from Google

I cannot import my contacts into Outlook from Google. After I export the .csv file from Google, and try to import it into Outlook, I get the following message: Importing contacts from Google af01307e-8f23-485b-8b98-38a0c078322b?upload=true.jpg

:)

Bee408, Sep 26, 2019

2. Import/Export Contacts

Hi,

Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone.

Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list, and then importing the .vcf file from the computer, which instantly results in an complete, updated list.

However, going in the other direction is my problem.

If I try to do the same in reverse, trying to import the .vcf file into the computer contacts, it wants to do it one contact at a time, instead of the full list all at once.

I suppose they can be Imported/Exported thru gmail, but I would prefer doing it directly...phone contacts only, without importing gmail contacts

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 26, 2019
  3. vivitree Win User
    My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac

have you tried importing the contacts form the phone to google contacts then syncing then exporting them from there to a file on the computer then importing that into the address book
    or you can also go through the info page in itunes for your phone and sync contacts from the phone to the computer that way by checking the box that says sync contact to then select address book
    There is a step by step instruction on How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac. Hope it can do you a favor.

vivitree, Sep 26, 2019
  4. KSC7 Win User

Google contacts not sync

Thanks to JanGertru. This solution really worked flawlessly. Got back all my contacts in my Lumia 920.

To summarzine:

• In Google account settings,
      • I enabled 2-step verification
      • Generated an app specific password (some random number you don't have to remember)
    • In Windows Phone
      • Deleted my Google mail account
      • Created the Google account and used the "app specific pwd" generated above (instead of my regular Google password.
      • Initially only few contacts were visible.
      • but i left the fone for a few minutes and checked back and voila ..all contacts restored !
    I was skeptical about the Gcontacts tool, as din't want to take a risk of all contacts via a 3rd party tool. The whole reason Google implemented this 2-step verification is to avoid such intermediate entities.

Google should have better communicated this to their users .. rather and wait for them to blackout and we all figure this out ourselves.

Thanks again, JanGertru !

Thanks for breaking down the steps!

Thema:

1. Importing contacts from Google - Similar Threads - Importing contacts Google

2. importation contact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    importation contact: bonjour je voudrai savoir comment exporter mes contacts gmail dans outlook merci pour votre réponse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importation-contact/54043938-2415-4b4a-9d18-a8c649193e37
  3. importation contact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    importation contact: bonjour je voudrai savoir comment exporter mes contacts gmail dans outlook merci pour votre réponse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importation-contact/54043938-2415-4b4a-9d18-a8c649193e37
  4. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  5. Importing Google Contacts into People App

Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  6. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  7. Import email contacts from Window Mail

Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  8. Contact import

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contact import: Can I import my contact list from Windows Live to Windows Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-import/a3299a42-38e5-4d53-ab18-d896397392fc"
  9. Contact list import

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contact list import: how do you import a contact list into mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/contact-list-import/361eb2be-1cf8-48c8-aa5a-12fb814a1396
  10. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249