Windows 10: Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file

Discus and support Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail. (1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frost King, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file

I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail.

(1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within an email, two or more options pop-up. One of them is correct and the other options are totally wrong - i.e. not any contacts of mine. I have no idea where these are coming from. Not being able to locate the weird email addresses, I deleted all contacts in Yahoo and all contacts in Outlook (I have all my contacts in Thunderbird as well). I then checked in Mail and again, same thing happened. Not sure how anything showed up when all contacts in both Yahoo and Outlook had been deleted. Anyway, I proceeded to (2) below.

Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file d5efef6b-0237-4217-8fd4-eed389472dee?upload=true.png

(2) I'm now trying to import email contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook and thereby be available in Windows 10 Mail. However all the email addresses were not filled into the proper field - i.e. the email address field. Instead they were filled into the "Contact Imported" field. I exported the file in .csv format from Thunderbird. Can this be rectified without manually having to copy/paste all email addresses into the correct field?

(3) In order to work, it seems that any new contact has to be added online to either Outlook or Yahoo and not directly to Windows 10 Mail, is that correct?

Thank you for your time.

***Modified title from: Issues with Contacts from Outlook in Windows 10 Mail ***

:)

Frost King, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Helmut Win User

Import contacts into Mail

The linked People App is where contacts are, the link is next to the Cog in The Mail App.
    You can't use the *.CSV file directly however you can link with a Gmail Account.
    Use the Webmail interface for Gmail > Contacts > More > Import > Contacts from CSV.

You maybe able to do this with an Outlook Mail Account, though I don't find that specific option.
    Or maybe some other Account you have selected in the People App, or setup in the Mail App.

Helmut, Mar 15, 2019
  3. ejb0618 Win User
    Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail

I have tried to import a csv & a vcf file into Live Mail. I get a message that the vcf file isn't correct & I get only the A's & B's imported with the csv file. All of the contacts are in Excel when I open it. I have a little over 200 contacts. Anyone know what I can do?

ejb0618, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file

Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

I went from Windows XP to Windows 8.1/10. It certainly was not that difficult.
    Everything in WLM 2012 is now in the Windows 10 Mail App and Contacts App.

I went the route of an Outlook Mail account as I have 2 of those. It worked.
    But the same process can probably be done with a Gmail account or Yahoo Mail account.

The basics of the process are to use the Web interface of these accounts to create folders for your Emails, move those. Then import Contacts using *.CSV file.
    You can certainly export a Contacts *.CSV file from WLM 2012. Not sure about Outlook 2010.

Then using the Web Interface for an Outlook Mail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail account import the *.CSV file.
    Then using the Windows 10 Mail, Contacts App sync with that Account.

There is no direct import of a contacts *.CSV file into the Contacts App.

The details are about half way down these pages. They suggest Outlook Mail but I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing with a Gmail or Yahoo Mail account:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...a-f8ec74f8e8fd

Helmut, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file

1. Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file - Similar Threads - Importing contacts Mail

2. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  3. how to import contact csv file into live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to import contact csv file into live mail: How do I import contacts csv file into Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contact-csv-file-into-live-mail/f0dd966c-0a74-4a2a-b564-8d96d1424568
  4. How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?: the question is "How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-a-csv-file-of-contacts-into/88f590f5-0ed5-4ab3-b34f-766335300aec
  5. window mail importing contacts

window mail importing contacts: I have contacts exported from outlook that I would like to import into mail. In these contacts I have groups. I see some (very old) contacts show up in my people but nothing current. How can I make a direct import into this program?...
  6. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  7. Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app

Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app: I am trying to import my email contact list from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 mail app. It says to import contacts to the People app but that doesn't seem to work. I have the file on a SD card in the .csv format...any ideas? Thanks...
  8. Windows Mail/People import CSV file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail/People import CSV file: I see some articles here that must be using a different Windows Mail, because mine does not look like what they say. In 'About' mine says version 16005.10827.20137.0. Is that the correct one?? If so, can I import contacts?...
  9. Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail: I have tried to import a csv & a vcf file into Live Mail. I get a message that the vcf file isn't correct & I get only the A's & B's imported with the csv file. All of the contacts are in Excel when I open it. I have a little over 200 contacts. Anyone know what I can do? 42619
  10. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 import contacts csv

2. import contacts windows 10 mail csv

3. Import contacts from csv file to windows mail

4. import csv to people app windows 10,
  5. import contacts windows 10,
  6. windows 10 mail import csv,
  7. import contacts csv file,
  8. mail import contacts csv,
  9. how to import csv to mail,
  10. windows mail import contacts csv,
  11. import csv to mail app,