Windows 10: Importing contacts to People app

Discus and support Importing contacts to People app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BRCS, Jul 25, 2018.

1. BRCS Win User

Importing contacts to People app

Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app?

:)

2. importing contacts into People

Hi Sharyn,

The People app is your address book and your social app all in one.
    Please be informed that the the People app doesn’t have a built-in option to import contacts directly. In order to import contact to the app you'll need to use a .csv file. Kindly follow the steps given by Sayan on this thread:

Importing Contacts in Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 25, 2018
  3. FredEEW Win User
    Import contacts cvs file into Windows 10 people app

The suggested list of subjects were interesting, but I need to have one that is specific to Windows 10.

I'm running Outlook 2010 and I've exported the contacts list to a CVS file. At this point I try to follow the directions, but keep running into options in the people app that allow me to export but not to import. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

FredEEW, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Bronis Win User

Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

I've tried this, twice. The first time I got an error message saying that "something had gone wrong at our end" and the second time, I was told that "your address book already has all the contacts your are trying to import." Unfortunately, that isn't so: People shows only the three contacts I've added manually and although Mail seems to have access to about 20 odd contacts when I start a new email, I think they're all from recent email exchanges and certainly don't cover the 150 or so contacts I had in my LiveMail contacts list.

What's more, People doesn't show the contacts that Mail knows about! I take it that People should show all contacts that Mail suggests when I start typing in the "To" field.

Has anyone any ideas? Cheers...

Bronis, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Importing contacts to People app - Similar Threads - Importing contacts app

2. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  3. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  4. Importing contacts into People in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing contacts into People in Windows 11: New laptop with Windows 11 installed and updated. Email works OK but I cannot import my old contacts ,csv file into the People section of Mail. Instructions on windows help shows for Windows 10, and People in 11 does not show importing files the same as the instructions....
  5. Importing contacts into People in Windows 11

Importing contacts into People in Windows 11: New laptop with Windows 11 installed and updated. Email works OK but I cannot import my old contacts ,csv file into the People section of Mail. Instructions on windows help shows for Windows 10, and People in 11 does not show importing files the same as the instructions....
  6. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  7. Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People: I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth...
  8. Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App: I have a Contacts file in Internet Explorer that I would like to either sync or export to People app in Windows 10 Mail. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-contact-file-from-internet-explorer-into/da67406c-a802-42ac-bab0-24022a6b12ed
  9. Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People: I've sent my contacts from Outlook to a .csv file. I cannot find a way to import that file into Windows 10 People app. I've been searching and searching online, and the only instructions I've found is to link my Outlook to People, and even that doesn't work. When I've...
  10. Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 How to Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 The People app included in Windows 10 puts all the ways you connect with all your friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances in one place,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import vcard to people app

2. windows 10 people app import csv

3. windows 10 people app upload csv

4. import vcard into windows 10 people,
  5. import csv to people app windows 10,
  6. import vcf people app windows 10,
  7. import vcard to windows 10 people app,
  8. import vcf to people app windows 10,
  9. import vcf file to people,
  10. importing vcard into people app,
  11. import contacts into windows people vcard,