Windows 10: Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

Discus and support Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using Mail for Windows 10 and am now moving over to Thunderbird. One of my accounts only supports POP3 so the messages from the last few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimAustin2, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

Hi, I've been using Mail for Windows 10 and am now moving over to Thunderbird. One of my accounts only supports POP3 so the messages from the last few years are stored in Mail. As there is no Import/Export option in Mail, I've been trying to find out how I can achieve this. Most advice seems to suggest the files are stored as .eml files in a certain directory. However, after a lot of research I find that mine are stored in .dat files in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Comms\Unistore\Data\.3\........" If I change the extension to .htm they are perfectly readable in a browser. I really just want to be able to Import them to Thunderbird. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

:)

TimAustin2, Nov 24, 2020

2. Import Thunderbird email in Windows 10 mail

Hi Ad,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated.

I understand that you wanted to import Thunderbird mail to Windows 10 mail. I will be happy to assist you with this.

To assist you further with this issue, please let us know the following information:

• How are you accessing your Windows 10 mail?

• Provide the email account domain of the 2 users?
    Please reply us with the above information and we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Import Thunderbird email in Windows 10 mail

How can I easily import my mail from Thunderbird mail to Windows 10 Mail (preferably POP3). I currently have 2 users with mail in Thunderbird.

Ad Kastelijn, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Razz Win User

Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

How do you import contacts into Windows 10 Mail from Thunderbird?

OK, I've checked all you suggested. I feel images tell the story well, so here goes:

Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird [​IMG]

HippsieGypsie, you said "While you're there you may want to check the Store settings there", did you mean to check if "Updates Apps Automatically" is on? Mine is "ON".

Also, the version shown in yellow highlight, is that what my version is our is it the latest available version? If it's the latest available version then my version is the same.

I will now look at the link you provided.

Thema:

Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

1. Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird - Similar Threads - Importing email messages

2. Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client: Win 7 Ultimate. Plenty of ram and 1TB sata hd. 1)...I have saved Outlook Express e-mails in dbx format (literally thousands) (multiple identities) and want to import them into Thunderbird (TB) V 102.8.0...... 2)...I looked in TB in the "import" section/selection and there...
  3. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...
  4. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...
  5. Import mail messages

Import mail messages: How do I import my mail archive when moving from Windows Live Mail to Windows10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-mail-messages/58c592b6-4676-48e9-9330-a3524096ea30
  6. Import email contacts from Window Mail

Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  7. Importing Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail

Importing Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail: How do you Import Contacts from Yahoo email to Windows 10 mail. I have tried for hours to do it! None of the search engine instructions work!!!...
  8. How do you import contacts into Windows 10 Mail from Thunderbird?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you import contacts into Windows 10 Mail from Thunderbird?: I have contacts in my Thunderbird email client on my old laptop and when I bought a new laptop I've decided to try using the Windows 10 Mail app. instead of installing Thunderbird. However, I can't figure out how import my contacts from Thunderbird. Naturally if this is...
  9. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird: How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694
  10. Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email: Hi, All First time in the forum. In Win Live Mail when I click on an email it goes poof! and disappears. This is an intermittent occurrence, but now it is happening more frequently. Occasionally, I can find it in Trash, but not very often. I installed Thunderbird,...