Windows 10: Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

Discus and support Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportsfan148, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

Hi,
    I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser.
    I asked a similar question ages ago and importing with Edge was buggy so I'm wondering if the process works any better now?
    I have 20+ main folders and 50+ subfolders in my Bookmark HTML file and I found that Microsoft Edge importing from HTML always left quite a few of the folders and subfolders behind. Is this still an issue?
    Does it work correctly now? Is the import file option in Edge reliable now with HTML favorites or do you guys import your HTML favorites file into Internet Explorer first and then import them from Internet Explorer across into Edge afterwards?

:)

sportsfan148, Mar 9, 2018

2. Problem Importing Bookmarks from Firefox into Win 10 Edge browser.

You need to get your bookmarks first into either IE or Chrome, depends what's listed in your Edge "Import Favourites" page. Some people seem only to have IE, some have both. Doesn't matter which you use. Then you can import them into Edge. So...

1. From Firefox, export your favourites either to desktop or a temporary folder.

2. In IE or Chrome delete all bookmarks that you no longer want or that are duplicated in Firefox - if you don't do this you will import unwanted bookmarks into Edge.

3. In IE or Chrome import the bookmarks from wherever you saved them (desktop or folder)

Chrome ->Bookmarks Manager ->Organize -> "Import Bookmarks from HTML file"

IE -> click on star -> Add to favourites -> import from another file/browser (n.b. IE allows you to skip step 1)

4. Open Edge and Import Favourites (Hub -> Favourites -> Import Favourites) from IE or Chrome.

Done, but like many users I found this Edge import procedure reversed the bookmarks order and I had to resort them manually. Having done all this, I thought that Edge was no better or faster than any other browser and lacked many features so after all this
    import palaver, I'm back to using Firefox in Windows 10.

Feature Creature, Mar 9, 2018
  3. HustonXE Win User
    Problem Importing Bookmarks from Firefox into Win 10 Edge browser.

Windows Edge does not show Mozilla Firefox on the importia HTML bookmarks option. Only shows IE as browser option. I have my bookmarks in firefox - new computer, installed firefox and imported them via HTML file. Need edge to show Firefox as browser
    to import bookmarks from.

HustonXE, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

1. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser - Similar Threads - Importing favourites bookmark

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. Anyway to import cookies/bookmarks to Edge from Chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to import cookies/bookmarks to Edge from Chrome?: I haven't used Edge in a while and I know you was able to do it on an earlier build, but no when trying to import stuff from another browser on the stable build it only gives me the option for Internet Explorer. Any solutions? submitted by /u/howmadstha [link]...
  4. Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser on Android - Import Bookmarks: How do you import favourites into the Android Edge browser from a .html file or another browser? 129820
  5. How to import bookmarks from html to Internet Explorer using Window 10

in Browsers and Email
    How to import bookmarks from html to Internet Explorer using Window 10: The import and export functions in Internet Explorer seems to have been removed. NEVER MIND. I FOUND THE SOLUTION. 39237
  6. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  7. Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with imported Favourites in Edge: Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser: First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I have looked in the folder %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite...
  8. Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox: How to: Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox How to Import and Export Bookmarks via HTML in Firefox [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to easily export and import your bookmarks in the Mozilla Firefox web browser using HTML files. As well...
  9. Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge: How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows: How to: Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows How to Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Google Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar...