Windows 10: Importing from GMail to My People

Discus and support Importing from GMail to My People in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way to import email contacts from GMail to My People?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sally1YY, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Sally1YY Win User

Importing from GMail to My People

Is there any way to import email contacts from GMail to My People?

:)

Sally1YY, Oct 14, 2020

2. Import GROUPS from GMail to PEOPLE

Hi AndrisTaurins,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

Regarding your questions:

1.if I am not able to import groups to WP8, can I export or backup them (on the Phone, PC or Cloud?

I would suggest to contact Google support as you want to export/backup data from your Gmail account.

2. Is any third party Phone book (Contact Manager) available for WP8 suporting Import/Export GROUPS? FREE or for purchase?

As far as I know there is no third party app which might support this kind of process, but of course please check our Windows Phone store:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

3. In wich file is stored info about groups? Where on the phone? Can I manualy edit it on my PC?

Those information are built in a system and you do not have an access to Group data from Pc level.

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Oct 14, 2020
  3. busaboyz Win User
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth with the Indian Help guy, nothing ever worked. It was odd he never wanted to see my CSV files.

Gmail gives Google CSV and Outlook CSV export options. The Outlook CSV file gives a "Something went wrong.. the format isn't correct...." error when I try to import it into "People". The Google CSV imports but most of the data is stuffed into a "Notes" field. Looking at the two files in a spreadsheet, I see nothing to justify why Outlook "People" is doing what it does.

I can import the Gmail CSV into my other on-line email services without major issues. Something Gmail or Microsoft did screwed up something I have been doing for 10 years.

busaboyz, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Mark_W. Win User

How do I import my gmail contacts to my htc HD7?

Hello Paul Flannery:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having with your Gmail contacts syncing to your phone. There are a couple of things we might suggest you try to verify this is fully set up.

First, make sure that the box for contacts is checked for this account. Any secondary accounts on the phone, all contacts besides the Microsoft account, will allow you to choose if contacts and calendars sync to the phone. You would find this by going
    to settings > emails + accounts > tap the Gmail account > check the box related to contacts. If you did have to make a change here, please tap and hold the account after the change is made and sync the account.

If you notice that the contact are still not syncing, try removing the account from your phone, tap and hold the account and select delete. Once it has been removed, readd the account manually,

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp7/people/set-up-an-email-account
    . I would suggest trying to add it as a IMAP account. If you need any specifics about the server information, refer to the gmail website or their support.

The final thing I might suggest as a work around would be to import the Gmail contacts into an account that is syncing properly. I would suggest your Microsoft account. You should be able to export your contacts from the Gmail account as a CSV file. Once
    you have that saved to your PC you can follow the steps below to get that listed imported to your Microsoft account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Select Manage, Import
    • Click Browse, select .csv file, click open
    • Click Import Contacts
    Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Importing from GMail to My People - Similar Threads - Importing GMail

2. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  3. Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing images from SD Card into Date Taken new folders using new so called Updated...: Why has Microsoft made importing photos from sd card so difficult? New Photos and Photos Legacy does not allow you to import into new folders with criteria Date Taken. This has really slowed down my work flow. Nothing in Settings and no Advanced Settings to amend import...
  4. I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer. Is there any way to recover it?: I accidentally deleted an important folder on my Windows 10 computer, and now I need to recover it. I've checked the Recycle Bin and looked for a backup, but no luck. Can anyone help me figure out how to recover the deleted folder? Thanks!...
  5. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  6. I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016: There probably is an answer out there but I can't find it. I have exported the gmail addresses to a csv file and imported them into outlook. The problem is they go to the people file in outlook and not to the contacts folder. How do I get these email addresses into the...
  7. Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People: I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth...
  8. MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Mail - Adding a Gmail account imports the folder structure, but not the emails within...: Hello, I'm using the BASIC MS Mail and have added a Gmail account. The Gmail folder structure has been imported, but the emails contained in the folders is confusing. In one case, only the last email has been 'imported', in some many of the emails are present, but only to...
  9. Gmail File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place

in Windows 10 Support
    Gmail File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place: Is there a Gmail forum 120054
  10. Gmail folders don't show after importing to Incredimail

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail folders don't show after importing to Incredimail: It's a bit confusing to explain, but I have my gmail coming into my mail program on my computer (livemail) and I have made folders in that mail program. When I go to the gmail website if I'm out and away from my computer, I can't see the folders. This is really inconvenient...