Windows 10: Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

Discus and support Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeraldGarnto, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile users, and tries to stay away from desktop users. I bought a Windows-10 Pro PC for desktop work station, and need my contacts. It was supposed to be so easy to switch over . . .

:)

GeraldGarnto, Dec 25, 2019

2. Live Mail - delete contacts

Windows Live Mail syncs with People contacts, but only if you are logged in on Windows Live Mail. Changes made while not logged in appear to never be synced. The 'People' contacts are stored on Microsoft servers, for use by the People app, people.live.com, and syncing with Windows Live Mail (when logged into it). Syncing seems to fail as often as not, so fully back up all contacts lists before culling.

bigbadsteve, Dec 25, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    importing contacts into live mail on Windows 10

Hello Wally,

There may be several reasons why your contacts are not showing up on your device. To get a better understanding of your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on the settings of Windows Live Mail on your Surface prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you may refer to this article refer to the steps on how to import contacts into Windows Live Mail:
    Import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail.

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Bronis Win User

Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

I've tried this, twice. The first time I got an error message saying that "something had gone wrong at our end" and the second time, I was told that "your address book already has all the contacts your are trying to import." Unfortunately, that isn't so: People shows only the three contacts I've added manually and although Mail seems to have access to about 20 odd contacts when I start a new email, I think they're all from recent email exchanges and certainly don't cover the 150 or so contacts I had in my LiveMail contacts list.

What's more, People doesn't show the contacts that Mail knows about! I take it that People should show all contacts that Mail suggests when I start typing in the "To" field.

Has anyone any ideas? Cheers...

Bronis, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

1. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder - Similar Threads - Importing Live Mail

2. Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contact Lists in Windows 10 Mail and People?: I've been searching the knowledge base and there hasn't been much since 2017-2018 on this subject. Is it still impossible to create a contact list in Windows Mail and the People App?I was able to create a list on the web when logged into Live and accessing my contacts,...
  3. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  4. how to import contact csv file into live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to import contact csv file into live mail: How do I import contacts csv file into Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contact-csv-file-into-live-mail/f0dd966c-0a74-4a2a-b564-8d96d1424568
  5. Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts: Hello, I imported my Contacts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 into People on Windows 10 using a csv file. I got around 30 "Unnamed Contacts" which I deleted, but not sure where they came from. My problem is that when I try to send an email and click on the People button...
  6. Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder: I moved Windows Live from an old computer to a new computer. The mail folder works and I am getting email. However, my contacts didn't move over. In Contacts, it is asking for my Microsoft password. I gave it the password and it is stated it was the wrong password. I...
  7. window mail importing contacts

window mail importing contacts: I have contacts exported from outlook that I would like to import into mail. In these contacts I have groups. I see some (very old) contacts show up in my people but nothing current. How can I make a direct import into this program?...
  8. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...
  9. Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing: I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them. 62493
  10. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249