Windows 10: Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista

Discus and support Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to move the email for a friend after she got a Windows 10 laptop. Her old pc is on Vista. After searching I have that there is no way to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elaguila64, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista

I am trying to move the email for a friend after she got a Windows 10 laptop. Her old pc is on Vista. After searching I have that there is no way to import email into the new Windows mail in Windows 10. Can anybody recommend a good free email app that can import the mail and contacts from the Vista Windows mail app?

:)

elaguila64, Jan 22, 2018

2. importing mail contacts in windows 10 from vista

how do I import my contacts from windows vista into windows 10 mail?

PennyBarnes, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Onehand Win User
    Windows 10 mail

How can I import contacts into windows 10 Mail. I have exported my contacts form Windows Vista mail program, however there is not function to import into windows 10 Mail. Have you forgotten this function or what?

Dave.

Onehand, Jan 22, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista

Hi, Mail on Win 10 is relatively basic. Contacts are stored in the People app. It does not support export for example.

I used to use Winmail - after Outlook Express- then got fed up with moving things from one MS mail application to another, and the way data was scattered all over the place.

Try this:
    MailStore Home – Free Email Archiving and Backup for Home Users
    which I used a long time ago.

Consider using a good robust 3rd party email client e.g. Thunderbird.

dalchina, Jan 22, 2018
  5. Helmut Win User
    You can, the process is fairly easy and it does work.
    The method is on the MS website, as always with MS guides hard to follow.

Copy all Mail into an Outlook Mail or Gmail Account, Export Contacts as a *.CSV file.

Import that *.CSV contacts file into an Account like Outlook Mail or Gmail using the Webmail interface.

Then in Windows 10 Mail App sync that Account, and in the People App sync Contacts.
    The Mail App and Contacts App are linked.

Copying old Emails and making the folders does take some time, you have to remake those folders in the Outlook Account.

Helmut, Jan 22, 2018
  6. Thanks for the info. Sounds like it would be easiest to just install another mail client that would let me import it.

elaguila64, Jan 22, 2018
  7. matfx Win User
    I do agree with dalchina the default Windows 10 mail app just too basic, just migrate to a third party mail application for better and long term solution.

matfx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista

1. Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista - Similar Threads - Importing mail contacts

2. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  3. Import mailboxes and contacts to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import mailboxes and contacts to windows 10 mail: Can I import my folders .fol and/or mailboxes mbx from Eudora 7 to windows10 Mail. Also contacts nnt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-mailboxes-and-contacts-to-windows-10-mail/cebd8601-22f3-47e0-bb92-dc90e56860bd
  4. windows mail importing contacts from yahoo.com

windows mail importing contacts from yahoo.com: how can I import contacts list from my yahoo.com account into my ms windows mail? Yahoo created a cvs file but i can't download it into my mail account...
  5. Import email contacts from Window Mail

Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  6. How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail: How do we import contacts into Windows 10 Mail, this seems to be an unanswered problem effecting many people. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contacts-into-windows-10-mail/a2f9786c-c706-4817-956c-86fa45c1f8d6
  7. window mail importing contacts

window mail importing contacts: I have contacts exported from outlook that I would like to import into mail. In these contacts I have groups. I see some (very old) contacts show up in my people but nothing current. How can I make a direct import into this program?...
  8. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  9. Import old e-mail and contacts

Import old e-mail and contacts: Just purchased new Win 10 PC. Microsoft Mail app on PC and I'm looking to import my e-mail files from old PC. I have slaved the old HD in a USB case and have access to all data. However when I open Microsoft Mail I can not find where to import....
  10. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249