Windows 10: Importing Mail in Microsoft Mail Application

Discus and support Importing Mail in Microsoft Mail Application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi A friend of mine has bough a new machine with windows 10 on it, On his old machine (which is also windows 10) he used the Microsft Mail app, he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sjp1966, Nov 14, 2018.

1. sjp1966 Win User

Importing Mail in Microsoft Mail Application

Hi

A friend of mine has bough a new machine with windows 10 on it, On his old machine (which is also windows 10) he used the Microsft Mail app, he exported all the mails onto an external hard drive

WHen he logs into that same account on the new machine none of the old mails show up. and there seems to be noway to import those mails into the app on the new machine. Can someone please advise how we can get those old mails back into the app on the new machine so that emails can be replied to etc.

Regards

Steve

**Moved from Options and settings / Email settings**

:)

sjp1966, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Billg226 Win User

Import Windows Mail

1--Can Windows Mail (Vista/*.eml) be imported to Windows 10 Mail client?
    2--Also while setting up Windows 10 Mail, when I Delete last Email, Mail closes. Any help/suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Bill

Billg226, Nov 14, 2018
  3. How to import old mail in Windows10 mail.

Hi Nina,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you to import your old emails.

To assist you better please provide us more information.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Did you configured email account with mail app?
    If you are using mail app, you can try the below steps to import the emails.

• Open mail app and click on gear option/settings.

• Click on manage accounts and click on the account you want to import the emails.

• Click on "manage sync settings" and select your choice time period the import the emails.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Importing Mail in Microsoft Mail Application - Similar Threads - Importing Mail Microsoft

2. Import Outlook mail files into Mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import Outlook mail files into Mail.: Computer failed with MS 10 running Office 2010 and Outlook. Some of the Outlook mail files are backed up. I want to import the emails into my MS 10 Mail program. I see no means. Is it possible? Who knows how to do this? Thank you....
  3. Import Outlook mail files into Mail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import Outlook mail files into Mail.: Computer failed with MS 10 running Office 2010 and Outlook. Some of the Outlook mail files are backed up. I want to import the emails into my MS 10 Mail program. I see no means. Is it possible? Who knows how to do this? Thank you....
  4. Import mail messages

Import mail messages: How do I import my mail archive when moving from Windows Live Mail to Windows10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-mail-messages/58c592b6-4676-48e9-9330-a3524096ea30
  5. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  6. Import .pst files into Mail

Import .pst files into Mail: I have upgraded to a new pc and want to use Mail instead of Outlook. Is there any way I can import my .pst backups and folders into Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pst-files-into-mail/7679e0e1-7242-4c4e-989f-982c8945294d
  7. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249
  8. Mail Application and Junk E-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Application and Junk E-mail: I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on 1 August. I installed the Windows 10 mail application on that date and set up my Microsoft Outlook account. Today when I checked my e-mails using Outlook.com rather than the Windows 10 mail application. I discovered there were over...
  9. Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista

in Browsers and Email
    Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista: I am trying to move the email for a friend after she got a Windows 10 laptop. Her old pc is on Vista. After searching I have that there is no way to import email into the new Windows mail in Windows 10. Can anybody recommend a good free email app that can import the mail and...
  10. Import Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import Windows Mail: 1--Can Windows Mail (Vista/*.eml) be imported to Windows 10 Mail client? 2--Also while setting up Windows 10 Mail, when I Delete last Email, Mail closes. Any help/suggestions? Thanks, Bill 49748