Windows 10: Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app

Discus and support Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I import for example 10 iphone pictures into my Photosapp on a Windows 10 PC, I see not 10 but rather 20 photos on the PC, includingin File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TF_950, Apr 20, 2021.

1. TF_950 Win User

Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app

When I import for example 10 iphone pictures into my Photosapp on a Windows 10 PC, I see not 10 but rather 20 photos on the PC, includingin File Explorer. The difference between each pair of otherwise identicalphotos seems to be degrees of light vs dark or maybe color hues, not sure howto describe it. This sounds like it must be driven by a setting somewhere inPhotos, i.e. that I can turn off the feature. But I find no such settings. I donot want 10 photos to automatically become 20 because that means a lot of workin deleting half the photos imported, every time. Any guidance on this? I cannever find a Photos category on the Community page topic selection list.

:)

TF_950, Apr 20, 2021

2. Importing pics from iphone

I imported 510 pics from iphone to laptop using windows 10 photo app. Where did the pics get stored?

charthomas, Apr 20, 2021
  3. problem importing pics from iphone 7+

1. I'm looking for help to import ALL my pics from iphone 7+ to my computer or external hard drive. I have tried all the steps mentioned along with at least 10+ Apple senior advisors and apple engineers, but still can not import pics & still getting something
    went wrong. I have noticed some pics have AA on them & the apple sr rep stated it's an action photos on the cell, but I think they are pics that has been edit. Even after deleting pics that have other letters on it, it still wont import. Today I cant view
    previous videos that I imported the backdoor way months ago & videos dont show as a video unless you click on the pic then youll see its a video...help plz

2. My pics will not sync from my icloud to my computer even though we have uninstalled 100x. Ive been trying for almost 3 years to get my pics from icloud with the help of apple advisors & engineers with luck. Pics are also duplicating triple times when
    i go to import from cell on the computer & a lot are missing. Apple rep stated they have been working with Microsoft for the last month or so, but I found out today from Microsoft that was not true Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app :( any help would be appreciated...

fetikeksmiley, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app

Viewing pics and photos

Thanks again, Arjay,

Unfortunately, the problem remains the same. After rebooting it let me open half a dozen pics using the Photos app, as I originally wanted. I could see each pic the same size in the same window. Success, I thought.

Then it simply stopped. After those first few pics it stopped opening photos and the same message appears: 'The app didn't start.'

I tried going back to the beginning and doing the steps you advised at the start but the same process happened.

It's driving me mad. A nearly new computer and it can't do a simple thing like show me pictures.

What's next? Any suggestions?

All the best, Andrew

AndrewDownieBrazil, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app

1. Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app - Similar Threads - Importing iphone pic

2. Imported pics are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imported pics are missing: I imported pics and videos from iPhone to Win11 Photos app using lightning to USB into my desktop.Not all of them were imported, although many were, but even those that have been cannot be found. They are visible in Photos app under "All" but do not appear in any of the...
  3. Imported pics are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imported pics are missing: I imported pics and videos from iPhone to Win11 Photos app using lightning to USB into my desktop.Not all of them were imported, although many were, but even those that have been cannot be found. They are visible in Photos app under "All" but do not appear in any of the...
  4. New photos app difficult to import pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photos app difficult to import pics: Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s of photos....
  5. New photos app difficult to import pics

New photos app difficult to import pics: Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s of photos....
  6. Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics: My mom recently got a new computer Windows 11, so I was trying to back up her iPhone photos/vids to the windows app. All 4,000 of them. She has always just plugged in and started the backup to the photos album not OneDrive and selected to import all photos not previously...
  7. Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics

Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics: My mom recently got a new computer Windows 11, so I was trying to back up her iPhone photos/vids to the windows app. All 4,000 of them. She has always just plugged in and started the backup to the photos album not OneDrive and selected to import all photos not previously...
  8. Importing pics.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing pics.: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to import some pics from an external hard drive to my laptop. The pics are showing but not staying on the laptop. Can someone help in laymans terms as I am a technophobe. Andy...
  9. Iphone pics to HP Laptop/icloud/photos app

Iphone pics to HP Laptop/icloud/photos app: Hello, I have spent 12 hours with Microsoft Tech Support and the problem isn't resolved. I have an iphone that I tried to download my pics thru the Microsoft Photos App (I like the way it organizes the photos). I always get an error midway thru the download that nothing is...
  10. Lost one of my photo recognition pics, to make a collection of pics

Lost one of my photo recognition pics, to make a collection of pics: I started tagging the names on photos to collect them, i accidently added a collection of my daughters to my sons, so i went to his photo that i had tagged with his name and backed his name out and lost his photo to tag all his collection, how can i add his photo back to tag...