Windows 10: Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program.

Discus and support Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Nikon S6800 camera. It downloads the photos okay. In the photo program when I do import a message comes up that something is wrong. I retry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonaldELucas, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program.

I have a Nikon S6800 camera. It downloads the photos okay. In the photo program when I do import a message comes up that something is wrong. I retry and it may download 1 photo and this message comes up again. So far in about 20 retry's it has downloaded 12 photos. I use this all the time and have never had this problem. Any ideas, suggestions will be appreciated.

:)

RonaldELucas, Jul 17, 2019

2. Photos app not importing my photos from my camera

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to import pictures from camera? Do you get any error message?
    • Does your camera gets detected by Windows when you connect it?

Let's try the steps below to import photos from camera to your PC.

• Connect a camera your PC.

• Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe up from the bottom edge.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)

• Tap or click Import.

If you have problems or want to import from a DVD, see
      Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

• Tap or click the device you want to import from.

• The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import, or tap or click
      Select all.
    Also Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver may help us in getting this issue resolved.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Camera driver in the list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Camera manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope it helps. Please let us know on the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Importing Photos from my camera to my computer.

Hello William,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Does your camera gets detected by Windows when you connect it?
    • What is the make and model of your camera and PC?
    Let's try the steps below to import photos from camera to your PC.

• Connect a camera your PC.

• Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe up from the bottom edge.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)

• Tap or click Import.

If you have problems or want to import from a DVD, see Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD.

• Tap or click the device you want to import from.

• The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import, or tap or click
      Select all.
    If the camera is not detected when you connect it to Windows, there could be possibility of driver issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver may help us in getting this issue resolved.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Camera driver in the list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Camera manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program.

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program.

1. Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program. - Similar Threads - Importing photos camera

2. Importing Photos from my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Photos from my camera: When I import pictures from my camera the app always used to group them by date taken, ie Jan 2021, now it no longer puts them in a folder and they are scattered all over the place making it really hard to find the ones I need. What happened and how do I change it back?...
  3. Unable to import photos directly from camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to import photos directly from camera: I'm unable to import photos directly from my camera since Windows 10 . Please advise if this is still possible and provide a solution, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-photos-directly-from-camera/6869cace-832d-4901-9a8e-0642e5602cf3
  4. Problem importing photos from camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem importing photos from camera: When I try to import photos from my camera using a USB cord, I get the error message "Something went wrong. Your files might not have been imported." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-importing-photos-from-camera/dd23b0fc-11d0-4b26-938f-4e2ef2c4f1a3
  5. Importing photos from camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photos from camera: I have a Fuji JX420 digital camera, about 10 years old. All of a sudden, it won't let me import photos from camera to computer. I get a msg " 0 videos imported" but I'm not trying to import videos, just photos! I even tried shooting a video and importing it, and got the same...
  6. Deleting photos from camera after importing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting photos from camera after importing: Before today when I imported photos from my camera I would check: delete photos from device after importing. Today there is no box to check, I cannot delete photos any longer from my game trail camera and it is about full. Why did you change this? How can I delete photos from...
  7. Importing Photos from camera to PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing Photos from camera to PC Windows 10: I have never had this problem before and I don't think I have changed any settings either on my camera or on my PC. I recently returned from a trip and tried to download photos from my Lumix ZS-50 camera to my PC (Windows 10), without success. I tried both the cord...
  8. importing photos from a digital camera

importing photos from a digital camera: Microsoft and Windows 10 are ****. Importing photos used to be straightforward but updated Windows 10 has made this once simple operation so complicated that I've given up. This stupid updating that changes everything is not wanted or desired, so bloody well leave it alone....
  9. import photos from camera to the photos galery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import photos from camera to the photos galery: I cannot upload photos from my finepix s camera to my pc. i keep getting the error to unlock my device. This is a new issue, i uploaded photos last week....
  10. import photos from camera

import photos from camera: I can't seem to figure out why the folder where the photos are is what opens up when I plug in a usb camera and not the photo app. I have autoplay enabled and photo as my default photo viewer. 16502