Windows 10: importing photos from iphone

Discus and support importing photos from iphone in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; How do I import photos once my phone is connected to Microsoft or pc... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by summerhardee, Jan 21, 2020.

1. importing photos from iphone

How do I import photos once my phone is connected to Microsoft or pc

:)

summerhardee, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

3. Audrey_98 Win User
    Photo import from Iphone not working

I am trying to import photos from my iphone into photos but when i try my computer recognizes my phone is connected but then when i select it and press import it says "something went wrong" and tells me to try again and the cycle repeats. Any suggestions?

Audrey_98, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

importing photos from iphone

iPhone photo import failure. "Something went wrong"

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

As you have mentioned that the Photos app freezes when you try to import pictures, we would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Connect the iPhone to the computer.
    2. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    3. Now, expand Portable Devices, right click on
      iPhone device and select Uninstall device.
    4. Now, click on Action and select
      Scan for hardware changes
      . This will install the drivers.

Once the drivers are installed, try importing the photos.

If the issue persists, we would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

importing photos from iphone

1. importing photos from iphone - Similar Threads - importing photos iphone

2. Trouble importing photos from iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble importing photos from iphone: My iPhone storage is full, with the majority of it being photos so I decided that ill put them onto my computer to free up space. Little did I know that this would take 3+ hours just to get no more than 20 photos uploaded to my computer in an incredibly frustrating...
  3. photos do not import from iphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos do not import from iphone: Photos do not import from iphone. I select photos then click on add the items. Nothing happens. I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Import worked fine on Windows 10....
  4. photos do not import from iphone

photos do not import from iphone: Photos do not import from iphone. I select photos then click on add the items. Nothing happens. I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Import worked fine on Windows 10....
  5. Import photos from iPhone to PC

Import photos from iPhone to PC: I need help, I have connected my i.phone to my laptop and I have opened the photo App. In file I was told to click on Import,but I cant see Import anywhere. ***Modified title from: Downloading photos***...
  6. Importing photos from iPhone to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from iPhone to laptop: I use the MS Photos app to import photos through USB. But the MS Photos App fails to import them with error message Something went wrong... The Photo App doesn’t recognize my phone with a message We're having trouble connecting. Solutions?...
  7. Import photos from iPhone

Import photos from iPhone: Can I specify a folder on my PC (Using Windows 10 Photos) to which photos must be imported from say an iPhone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-photos-from-iphone/a111df94-64f6-4273-a9f4-53e765ba4187"
  8. importing photos from my Iphone

importing photos from my Iphone: Good Afternoon Everyone!! I would appreciate any assistance.... How do I import photos from my iPhone to my laptop? I am getting a message stating that I need to access the import capability through the iPhone desktop app? I am lost!! Thank you in advance....
  9. Importing photos from iphone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photos from iphone to PC: I cannot import photos from my iphone to my computer. When i open the photo app on my PC and click "import from usb" I get the following error, "we can't find any photos or videos on your device." I have tried different cords, differnt ports and restarted and I still get...
  10. photo import from iphone.

photo import from iphone.: windows 10 import function does not recognize all my pictures for import https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-import-from-iphone/6553a065-9f62-4ac3-8d97-9671b42df5bf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos