Windows 10: Importing photos from my Android mobile. When it searches and finds photos it freezes

Discus and support Importing photos from my Android mobile. When it searches and finds photos it freezes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On the picture of the software searching for the photos from my mobile. It gets to stating that it has found 1607 and freezes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JackFosse1, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Importing photos from my Android mobile. When it searches and finds photos it freezes

On the picture of the software searching for the photos from my mobile. It gets to stating that it has found 1607 and freezes.

:)

JackFosse1, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Tsw88 Win User

win 10 unable to search for new items (photos and vids) from Android

connecting my Android mobile devices with USB to my desktop PC running Windows 10, the default application appears and tries to search for new items (photos and vids) but it never finds out any items from my Android devices but it quickly finds out all the items if it's an iPhone or iPad , asking which photos to import...

Any way to fix this problem? The Android devices are unlocked

Tsw88, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to import photos from Android device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• How are you trying to import the photos?
    • Do you receive any error message/code when trying to import the photos? If yes, what is the error message?
    • When you say, “photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened”, what is the complete error message that you receive?
    • Which program are you using to open the photos?

To import photos, you may refer the section Android devices from the article

Import photos and videos from phone to PC

You may try restoring the files to a previous version and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to the location where the photos are stored.
    2. Right click on the folder and select Restore previous version.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Importing photos from my Android mobile. When it searches and finds photos it freezes

Problem importing photo's from android

I have tried to import new photo's from my android Samsung galaxy note3 into Photo app in W10. The program searches and locates XXX amount of pictures however when I select import nothing happens. The app just closes down. I have searched in File explorer/
    This PC/Pictures also but there are no new photo's. Also I have been unable to edit or remove photo's or pictures that were on my PC before installing W10. I keep getting the following message;
    Couldn’t delete

We couldn’t delete one or more of the files. Another app might be using them, or you might not have permission to delete them.

Any suggestions?

RochelleWallace, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Importing photos from my Android mobile. When it searches and finds photos it freezes

1. Importing photos from my Android mobile. When it searches and finds photos it freezes - Similar Threads - Importing photos Android

2. Fix Photos app keeps failing or freezing when importing photos

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Photos app keeps failing or freezing when importing photos: [ATTACH]Photos is a great app from Microsoft that lets users manage photos and videos on their Windows 11/10 computers. In addition to managing images and videos, Photos also lets users edit images and create videos. It also has an option to import images and videos from the...
  3. Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing When Importing/Exporting Photos: This problem originated in Lightroom, but was reproduced in Capture One as well. When importing or exporting photos, computer would freeze - everything is unresponsive - and to reboot, I have to cut the power switch on the power supply. Computer boots back up perfectly fine...
  4. Photos app freezes when I try to change the import selection type when importing photos...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app freezes when I try to change the import selection type when importing photos...: Over the last year or two I've occasionally had a problem when trying to import photos from both my iPhone and iPad to my Windows 10 laptop. The Photos app appears and loads all the photos on the device. No photos are selected so I go to the drop-down menu in the top...
  5. Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App

Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App: Has anyone found a solution to Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App please? I've read various threads and hundreds of people have posted the same problem with neither MS or Apple accepting responsibility or offering a solution. All...
  6. Importing photos from phone into photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  7. Unable to import photos from Android device

Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...
  8. Photo Import from Android

Photo Import from Android: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped....
  9. Can't find imported photos

Can't find imported photos: I imported pictures from a sd card onto the photos program...they were there categorized under the date. I took the card out and they were still on the program. Today as I go to import more pictures the ones from yesterday are nowhere to be found. Can someone please help me...
  10. Importing photos from mobile phones.

Importing photos from mobile phones.: My PC recognises my Samsung GT-19100 but tells me that there are no photos to import. But there is! What's to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/importing-photos-from-mobile-phones/bbc0dde2-6332-452d-be9b-99951ce6f051