Windows 10: Importing photos with usb cable

Discus and support Importing photos with usb cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to import photos with my Canon camera connected with the usb cable. I go to Photos, connect camera correctly, computer recognizes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deb33#, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Deb33# Win User

Importing photos with usb cable

I am trying to import photos with my Canon camera connected with the usb cable. I go to Photos, connect camera correctly, computer recognizes the device and appears to be looking for photos to import. Then I get a message that "no new photos" are found. This is incorrect as there ARE new photos to be imported. I have also tried to import them by inserting the SD card into the laptop, no luck either. I had no problems importing them in the past. Help please! Thanks

:)

Deb33#, Jun 7, 2020

2. Downloading photos from a samsung smart phone, I have tried to import the photos, they will not download to my computer.

Hi,

This issue might have been caused by a unplugged USB cable, or a misconfigured settings on your phone. For us to identify the main cause of this issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you been able to import photos from your phone to PC before?
    • What is the exact error message that you have encountered?
    • How are you trying to transfer your files? Are you using a USB cable or using Bluetooth connection?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps given on this
    article
    on how to import photos and videos from phone to PC.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better assist you.

Janeane Cru, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Importing photos with usb cable

Importing Photos

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue normally occurs due to faulty connection of the device to the computer or if you are saving the picture to default location of the computer, the pictures folder in library is not accepting the photos that should be added and needs
    to be repaired.

I suggest you to try connecting your camera to the computer, through different USB cable and check if it helps. You may also try the steps mentioned in the below, Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-live/photo-gallery-import-photos-faq

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Importing photos with usb cable

1. Importing photos with usb cable - Similar Threads - Importing photos usb

2. Importing Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Photos: Is it possible to import photos automatically on windows 11? Like once I plug in my device it imports the pictures.Or another easier option would be if I plug in my phone it doesn't need to import photos immediately, but however, if I take a picture while its plugged in it...
  3. Importing photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos: In the last few months, I find the system does not create a new folder for my photos when I put the card in. Before, the system automatically created a new folder when I put the card in, and all the photos went into that folder. Now, the system just piles the photos up in...
  4. Importing photos

Importing photos: how do i import photos to the Windows Photos app in Window 10 not from a regular camera- from iphone or i-pad to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos/e7821f0e-af23-449d-a73e-5d700b884602
  5. windows 10 photos won't import photos from USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 photos won't import photos from USB: I get this error popup every time I try to import photos. I had no problem until two weeks ago. Now it happens all the time. Any suggestions? [ATTACH]...
  6. photo import

photo import: i tried impirting photos from my android via usb cable to my laptop, however when i click import photos it tells me that zero items were found I changed the usb settings on my phone so to allow transfer images and the same issue keeps happening Why are my pictures and...
  7. Importing Photos

Importing Photos: How can I delete my photos from my SD card after importing them to my computer? It no longer gives me the option to delete them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos/0b35164a-d3fa-4633-b3a9-b3cc8473f31d
  8. Importing photos

Importing photos: I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. I have a Pentax camera which was on the previous version. Since the upgrade I tried to download photos from my camera to my laptop but all mention of my camera from the Device Manager has disappeared. When connecting...
  9. Importing Photos

Importing Photos: Hi, can you help me please! We are trying to import photos from 2 different ipads to one PC. Some photos are held on both ipads & as a result we now appear to have duplicate photos that have been scanned awaiting import although only one ipad is connected at any one time....
  10. photo import

photo import: windows 10 won't let me import photo's from my ipad pro - or my iphone - it does not seem to know it's there - I have said yes to the trust this computer when the message flashes up on my pad and phone but to no avail - HELP...