Windows 10: Importing photos

Discus and support Importing photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All of a sudden when I was transferring photos from my Sure Shot camera to my computer, the picture will come up on my photo app but when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarolSarr, May 7, 2020.

1. CarolSarr Win User

Importing photos

All of a sudden when I was transferring photos from my Sure Shot camera to my computer, the picture will come up on my photo app but when I click on import it goes back to the screen I was on. It always worked before. Help!

:)

CarolSarr, May 7, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, May 7, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, May 7, 2020
  4. Importing photos

Import photos from SD Card in Photo Gallery using Autoplay

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Autoplay Settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Under Choose Autoplay defaults, select the option required from the drop down list for
      Removable drive and Memory card and close the Window.
    • Restart the system and check for status.
    I suggest you to try importing the photos using photo app as below and check if it helps.

• In the search box type photo.
    • Click on the photo app.
    • On the right hand top corner click on import option.
    • Before that you need to plug in SD card where you have saved the photos.
    Also refer the steps provided by
    Ruth Buruga
    replied on March 21, 2016 in the below link:

Windows 10 Import pictures from SD card

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Importing photos

1. Importing photos - Similar Threads - Importing photos

2. How to file imported photos in separate folders, in date order, automatically, on Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to file imported photos in separate folders, in date order, automatically, on Windows...: I posed this question on 30 October 2023, when I started using a new Lenovo laptop computer running on Windows 11. The Import Photos and Video program had gone, back then. This meant that I had to manually file photos into the correct date, on File Explorer, which was...
  3. How to file imported photos in separate folders, in date order, automatically, on Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to file imported photos in separate folders, in date order, automatically, on Windows...: I posed this question on 30 October 2023, when I started using a new Lenovo laptop computer running on Windows 11. The Import Photos and Video program had gone, back then. This meant that I had to manually file photos into the correct date, on File Explorer, which was...
  4. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?: I want to import photos from my phone but when I load all of them, it does nothing. It is saying that it is importing but it really does nothing. I think it's because I dont have enough storage for them. How can I change localisation for imported photos??...
  5. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?: I want to import photos from my phone but when I load all of them, it does nothing. It is saying that it is importing but it really does nothing. I think it's because I dont have enough storage for them. How can I change localisation for imported photos??...
  6. How can I change localisation for photos that i want to import from my phone?

7. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb: Downloaded Photos Legacy as needed my old trusty Video Editor and hate Clipchamp. Made a video. Saved it default as *.mp4. Opened it on another PC to edit more but Video Editor will only import *.vpb ? What am I doing wrong ?? Can't for the life of me work it out....
  8. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb: Downloaded Photos Legacy as needed my old trusty Video Editor and hate Clipchamp. Made a video. Saved it default as *.mp4. Opened it on another PC to edit more but Video Editor will only import *.vpb ? What am I doing wrong ?? Can't for the life of me work it out....
  9. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

10. How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to import photos onto PC and not onto OneDrive: I'm using Windows 11.When I plug in my phone it opens the Photos app. But when I hit "import", the only location option is to download photos into a OneDrive folder. I don't have enough space on OneDrive for the photos. If I try to proceed anyways, it freezes my computer. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the photos app on my windows 10 cant find any devices