Windows 10: Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

Discus and support Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Sony Camcorder model DCR-TRV17. It has an ILink output for connecting to PC 1394 port. I had to add a IEEE 1394 PCI-Express card to my PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Winterhawk19, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

I have a Sony Camcorder model DCR-TRV17. It has an ILink output for connecting to PC 1394 port. I had to add a IEEE 1394 PCI-Express card to my PC to provide the necessary port. Hardware manager sees the new card, and says it is working properly. The PC sees the camera and has that listed. When I turn on the Camcorder, I hear the NEW connection sound alert. BUT, when I select Get Media using Adobe Premiere 2021 version, or Cyberlink, they both they the same, "device not found". The camera playback screen show the video and sound being played back, the camera is set to VCR, the menu has d/v out

:)

Winterhawk19, Jan 30, 2022

2. Transfering Video from Sony Camcorder to laptop

Hello, Can anyone help me? How do I transfer video from my Sony camcorder to my laptop, so I can edit through a video editing program and burn to DVD? Sony is telling me that my camcorder is not compatible with Window 10 therefore I need to buy a new camcorder.
    I was hoping for a better answer then that as the Sony model is DCR-TRV27 I have used it probably 6 times. It has USB streaming feature of which was turned on. I tried using the USB cable for the first time that was provided with the camcorder along with the
    Pixela Image Mixer that included the cd disk with USB driver and that does not work with Windows 10 either. Is there a driver or program that will fix this problem. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

MsCurious13, Jan 30, 2022
  3. Importing videos from camcorder

I'm running Windows 10. When trying to import videos from my camcorder, I'm getting this message.

"Can't play. Try playing something else. The item's file format may be unsupported, the file extension may be incorrect, or the file may be corrupted 0xc00d36c4"

I tried it on another machine running Windows 7, and it worked with no problem.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks, Jim

JimPoulsen, Jan 30, 2022
  4. oldfh Win User

Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

Win10 not recognizing camcorder

Trouble getting Win10 to recognize my camcorder. I have connected a Canon ZR300 mini-DV camcorder to my pc using a firewire cable, adapter firewire to thunderbolt, and adapter thunderbolt to thunderbolt over USB-C. I can see the camera called "Canon DV
    Camcorder" under Imaging Devices in Device Manager. However, I have tried using MS Photos app and several other video import apps in the MS Store, and none of them recognize the camera so that I can import video. Canon does not appear to have any drivers available.
    Since Win10 recognizes the camera in Device Manager, why can't any of my import software packages see the camera?

oldfh, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

1. Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10 - Similar Threads - Importing video Sony

2. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  3. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized: My 1394 i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized by Windows 10. It was working fine last week. I was able to capture video using Virtualdub. Now as of last week my camcorder is not recognized by Windows. I was using a 1394 adapter with the NEC controller and I...
  4. i.Link Sony DCR-TRV350 camcorder is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10: I have a Sony Camcorder model DCR-TRV17. It has an ILink output for connecting to PC 1394 port. I had to add a IEEE 1394 PCI-Express card to my PC to provide the necessary port. Hardware manager sees the new card, and says it is working properly. The PC sees the camera and...
  6. Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing video from Sony Camcorder to PC running Win10: I have a Sony Camcorder model DCR-TRV17. It has an ILink output for connecting to PC 1394 port. I had to add a IEEE 1394 PCI-Express card to my PC to provide the necessary port. Hardware manager sees the new card, and says it is working properly. The PC sees the camera and...
  7. camcorder video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    camcorder video: how do i put a camcorder video in a file to send a email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camcorder-video/b22f0f58-e122-4008-a6b5-8556b7bc0f0d
  8. Photos Video Editor with Sony camcorder fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Video Editor with Sony camcorder fail: I have imported 4 videos from a Sony camcorder into Photos several times. When the "show them" option is available not available every time it fails to find the videos it just imported. Also, I can't start a video project and bring them in from a file on the computer. Can you...
  9. Win10 not recognizing camcorder

Win10 not recognizing camcorder: Trouble getting Win10 to recognize my camcorder. I have connected a Canon ZR300 mini-DV camcorder to my pc using a firewire cable, adapter firewire to thunderbolt, and adapter thunderbolt to thunderbolt over USB-C. I can see the camera called "Canon DV Camcorder" under...
  10. Importing video from sony handycam video camera

Importing video from sony handycam video camera: I am trying to import video from a sony handycam video camera with mini dv tapes. I have a surface pro 3 running windows 10 pro. I have plugged the video camera into my usb drive, but I cannot get the computer to detect the camera or upload any video. I am ultimately...