Windows 10: Importing videos

Discus and support Importing videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm new here so hello everyone! The option to import videos from my Samsung S5 Neo has gone so I can't upload them. This used to automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nicboo, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Nicboo Win User

Importing videos

I'm new here so hello everyone!

The option to import videos from my Samsung S5 Neo has gone so I can't upload them. This used to automatically upload them on Windows 8.

My storage is now full on my phone so I need to upload the videos.

Please help.

:)

Nicboo, Jun 7, 2016

2. importing video

The Photos app will not get full. As long as there is enough space on your computer, this application should be able to view your photos or videos.

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

1. Have you used the Import icon (shown below) from the Photos app? If yes, please tell us what happens when you click it.

Importing videos [​IMG]

2. Do you have the latest driver for your Go Pro? You may reach out to the manufacturer of your device to request for the most updated driver and install it on your PC. Click

here
    for more information about updating drivers on your computer.

3. Have you tried accessing the photos and videos on your Go Pro using File Explorer? This means accessing the videos using File Explorer, copying them, and pasting them on a new folder in your computer.

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Jun 7, 2016
  3. importing video

Hi David,

To resolve the issue about importing videos from Go Pro, you may check out this

thread
    . You may refer to waggle292's post. He asked the question on the thread but eventually found the solution.

Let us know how it goes.

JohnRod Nav, Jun 7, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Importing videos

Hi there
    Try plugging FULL USB3 cable (the one with the two bits and the device end) to USB3 port on the computer and then on the device check USB mode -- choose MTP mode in the USB transfer mode as it tends to usually always work whatever the files on the other device.

I'm currently using a Samsung S5 phone with internal sdhc micro card --no prob - both internal phone storage and card work fine in W10.

Will also work via std USB2 connection and cable -- but USB3 is far faster !!!!.

Didn't need any extra device drivers --it just worked .

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 7, 2016
  5. Nicboo Win User
    Thank you so much. It's worked.

Nicboo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Importing videos

1. Importing videos - Similar Threads - Importing videos

2. Windows 10 Photo video projects - disable fit to screen when importing photos for a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo video projects - disable fit to screen when importing photos for a video: Windows 10 Photo video editor stretches photos to fit screen. I want my small size photos to appear in the video in their original size, not stretched to fit screen and low rez. Help please. Newman...
  3. Playback of imported personal videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playback of imported personal videos: For some reason, a couple of my personal imported videos are playing as 'landscape' when they were filmed as 'portrait'! How do I change them to 'portrait'?...
  4. importing pictures and videos

importing pictures and videos: I am having trouble in my windows 10 version 1909 computer importing pictures from my I-phone 11 to my pc. It begins the importing procedure but then aborts it after a few are loaded. Whats up I tried new usb to I phone connector and still having the same trouble....
  5. Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone

Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone: Help! In 12 hours Windows 10 has only uploaded 370 photos out of 1444, it would usually do this in minutes - whats going on? Please note that I am NOT tech savvy. I had gone through all of the photos before importing, which took ages, so don't really want to stop the process...
  6. I phone 10 picture and video import fails

I phone 10 picture and video import fails: It will import a few pictures but randomly fails mid import. Very frustrating! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-phone-10-picture-and-video-import-fails/ad75bcdd-355e-4486-886e-42d2ed0c26a4
  7. Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects: In the Photo App video projects I'm unable to add anything "from this PC". Strangely I can add from "my collections" and I can use "open with" on a picture or video to edit as well. The problem is the "my collections" seems to only allow sorting by date for some intensely...
  8. can't import photos / videos to PC from iphone w windows photo app

can't import photos / videos to PC from iphone w windows photo app: anyone know a real solution to this? I run the windows photo app, it detects the photos and videos on my phone, starts to export, then says 'something went wrong, your files may not have imported I contacted MS, they reinstalled the operating system, didn't work I...
  9. Can't view .dng files from Windows "Import Pictures and Videos".

Can't view .dng files from Windows "Import Pictures and Videos".: I can't preview .dng files before importing them. Here is what it looks like in windows "Import Pictures and Videos": [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-view-dng-files-from-windows-import-pictures/11526473-9f6a-4f67-9178-5d7717efc014"
  10. Videos not importing to Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not importing to Photos?: Hi guys, some help would be much appreciated with this! I somehow downloaded and recorded 60 gigs of videos on my phone and I need to keep it all but I've only got 2 gigs of storage left . I've been trying to transfer it all to my HP spectre x360 2018 (don't know if that...