Windows 10: Impossible audio evidence

Discus and support Impossible audio evidence in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 (latest) install on a computer with a new Sound Blaster Audigy FX ($33 plain audio card). I can successfully play music with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GregJ7, Dec 10, 2019.

1. GregJ7 Win User

Impossible audio evidence

I have a Windows 10 (latest) install on a computer with a new Sound Blaster Audigy FX ($33 plain audio card). I can successfully play music with foobar2000 and if I open the Sound Control Panel, I see on the Playback tab that the correct device is selected and its green audio level bars are showing an audio signal.

If I go to the Sounds tab and double-click on Asterisk I hear the expected sound.

However, if I run application "ICC Blitzin" (3.12) from Play Chess Online - with Friends and play a video I get no sound, BUT I see the green audio level bars showing a signal. This makes no sense whatsoever to me. I did check the audio options in the software (which shouldn't matter based on the evidence) and I didn't see anything related to sound device output.

What is happening internally to Windows that makes this even possible? And/Or, how do I debug/fix this? Thanks.

:)

GregJ7, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 10, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Impossible audio evidence - Similar Threads - Impossible audio evidence

2. New Windows audio mixer makes Airplay/Airmedia audio projection nearly impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows audio mixer makes Airplay/Airmedia audio projection nearly impossible: I am a commercial AV integrator, and we install a lot of Crestron AirMedias. We are getting complaints from customers since a recent Windows update that they can no longer project audio from their Windows machines. This is because when the AirMedia audio stream is unmuted,...
  3. New Windows audio mixer makes Airplay/Airmedia audio projection nearly impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows audio mixer makes Airplay/Airmedia audio projection nearly impossible: I am a commercial AV integrator, and we install a lot of Crestron AirMedias. We are getting complaints from customers since a recent Windows update that they can no longer project audio from their Windows machines. This is because when the AirMedia audio stream is unmuted,...
  4. Impossible to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to sign in: My computer recently did an update. The update restarted the computer a few times. When it completed I tried to login in with my pin but it says its been disabled due top too many failed attempts I've had none.The only other sign in option it gives me is the camera which is...
  5. Impossible to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to sign in: My computer recently did an update. The update restarted the computer a few times. When it completed I tried to login in with my pin but it says its been disabled due top too many failed attempts I've had none.The only other sign in option it gives me is the camera which is...
  6. Update Impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Impossible: Tried to update Windows 3 times. Finally got error code 0x007042b. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-impossible/8cc51ae5-1ee0-4fba-81c8-6b06a53b4309
  7. Zoom meetings settings are not self-evident!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zoom meetings settings are not self-evident!: Over the last few months more people have switched from Skype to Zoom. I and my family and professional groups among them. But the way that the programme works seems to vary every week, and not always for the better! The worst problem I have encountered several times on and...
  8. Sign in impossible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sign in impossible: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Irethius [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grwlus/sign_in_impossible/
  9. IMPOSSIBLE to log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    IMPOSSIBLE to log in: This is how it all have started: out of nowhere, today, nvidia 3d settings were going to doom me later. Settings were taking no effect in any game, neither application nor global settings. I searched on the internet but it seems not many people had this problem so I decided...
  10. Win10 crashed - EV shows EVid 1001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 crashed - EV shows EVid 1001: Windows 10 pro, ASrock specs. My son was playing Subnautica from Epic out of nowhere blue screen and crash dump , rebooted now back and running below is the error from EV, I was not able to locate the Dump file in Windows. I have attached how startup and recovery is setup....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound blaster audigy fx not working win 10