Windows 10: Impossible Keyboard setting of a laptop bought in Panama

Discus and support Impossible Keyboard setting of a laptop bought in Panama in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a laptop in Panama. I realize that Windows 10 Single language was in Spanish. I reinstalled successfully WIndows 10 in English. BUT, when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yann7899, Jul 21, 2019.

1. yann7899 Win User

Impossible Keyboard setting of a laptop bought in Panama

I bought a laptop in Panama. I realize that Windows 10 Single language was in Spanish. I reinstalled successfully WIndows 10 in English. BUT, when it was about to change the keyboard setting to match with keyboard of Panama 2 options are available. Option 1: Spanish keyboard; Option 2: Spanish Variation. None of the options match exactly with my keyboard! Needs some help.

Is there a special driver to install?

Is there a way to set the keyboard one key at a time?

Thx for your help

:)

yann7899, Jul 21, 2019

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Laptop Keyboard layout issue .

Hello,

To assist you better please answer the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Which version of windows is running on your laptop?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your laptop?
    • What issue are you facing while creating system restore point?

Method 1: Keyboard Layout settings.

Your keyboard layout might be set for a different language than the one you want to use. To change the key board layout:

• Click on Start menu, go to Settings and select Time and Language.
    • Go to Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.
    • Select the language from Keyboard from the list.

Method 2: Uninstall the drivers.

Uninstalling the keyboard driver will not cause any serious problem, and the generic driver will automatically get re-install once you restart the computer after the uninstalling.

I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, restart the system and download the latest Keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and try installing them on the system.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Keyboards” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “Keyboards” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest drivers setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Impossible Keyboard setting of a laptop bought in Panama - Similar Threads - Impossible Keyboard setting

2. Impossible to pair my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to pair my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard: I got this keyboard for work in 2021, until last week it worked like a charm until last week. I noticed there was an issue with it after IT had to do some work on my laptop.When working on getting all my settings back I could not get the keyboard to connect back despite the...
  3. Impossible to pair my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Impossible to pair my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard: I got this keyboard for work in 2021, until last week it worked like a charm until last week. I noticed there was an issue with it after IT had to do some work on my laptop.When working on getting all my settings back I could not get the keyboard to connect back despite the...
  4. Impossible to pair my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Impossible to chooze the GPU in settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Impossible to chooze the GPU in settings: Hello! I was need to switch the GPU for exact apps. I've got two GPUs: GeForce RTX 2070 discrete graphics card and Intel R UHD Graphics 630. Windows Intel R UHD Graphics 630 uses it by default. I go to ["NVIDIA Control Panel" -> "3D Settings" -> "App settings" -> choosing...
  6. Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use: I was out of town for a week and came back home to find my computer Dell desktop running Windows 10 almost unusable. Difficult to explain but it's almost as though a ghost has taken over my keyboard. Any attempt to type anything such as a URL, a Google search, or a start...
  7. Bought a new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought a new laptop: Hi, I have bought a new laptop, Lenovo. Can I re-download my current Windows 10 Pro without paying for it again ?. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-new-laptop/5c5b9202-a51d-435d-afc4-e57059b3cbe4
  8. Keyboard locked, impossible to sign in with screen keyboard

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard locked, impossible to sign in with screen keyboard: Dear Sirs, urgently need your help with my Surface Pro! I guess, my son locked the keyboard by hitting several times the same key. The external magnet keyboard does not respond. The screen touch keyboard doesn't show up! I cannot even sign in into my laptop. My urgent...
  9. Impossible to set Edge to use google.com...?

in Browsers and Email
    Impossible to set Edge to use google.com...?: When I type in google.com in any address bar (Chrome, Edge, Firefox), Google redirects me to google.se (yes I am in Sweden). I don't know why, it really is not the same thing and there are many issues with this, but I guess Google has some idea of its own. Anyway, to get to...
  10. Impossible to change any firewall settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Impossible to change any firewall settings: I need to add new rules to windows firewall but any change I do is not saved at all. If I disable the firewall, a window on bottom right corner says firewall is off but when I open firewall settings again, its turned on. And this goes for any setting I try to change. All...