Windows 10: Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

Discus and support Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear all,I have been so happy because I purchase a new computer screen. Namely the Dell U2723QE. Super excited.It should have been an easy plug and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nicklas Jansler, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

Dear all,I have been so happy because I purchase a new computer screen. Namely the Dell U2723QE. Super excited.It should have been an easy plug and play, but it still does not work. My computer is a surface laptop 2 consumer model 1769 i5. I am using an HDMI to min display port to connect from my Dell monitor to my laptop, however it keep saying "NO HDMI signal from your device". But as I go into the Device Manager under Monitors, it says Dell U2723QE HDMI. How is this possible? I have tried to contact Microsoft and Dell, but nobody can help me. What am I doing wrongAdditional informationI h

:)

Nicklas Jansler, Jan 29, 2024
  2. awd_ Win User

xbox 360 splitting video signal

Hello,

I just happened to come over your post.

Could you please tell us exactly where you don't get any signal? Both the screen and the computer (via capture device)?

Have you tried the following?
    • Make sure you get a signal to the screen when using an HDMI cable directly from the Xbox 360 to the screen. Please make sure all cables work.
    • Make sure you get a signal to the capture card with the same cables.
    If you get a signal on the screen but not on the computer, could you please try the following?
    • Set the Xbox 360 to output at 720p. The frame rate will (or should) be 59.94.
    • If possible, make sure you capture the video with the same settings on the computer.
    • Try any other settings if this does not work.
    If it still does not work, please try this in the same order:
    • Power off computer (and capture device) and Xbox 360.
    • Power on computer (and capture device) and wait until the capture device is properly powered on and initialized.
    • Power on the Xbox 360.
    • Make sure you can capture properly.
    If it still does not work, make sure that one or more of the following are not defective:
    • The HDMI-VGA/composite adapter.
    • The VGA cable.
    • The capture device (could be just the input connector).
    If that works, please install the HDMI splitter.

I am wondering a bit why you show us the wires inside the HDMI cable. Did you remove the isolation and/or do something with the wires?

I am not sure what else to suggest at the moment.

Could you please tell me/us the model of your capture device, and also the adapter between the HDMI cable and capture device?

Regards,
    awd_

3. bha19 Win User
    no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Jan 29, 2024
  4. AhmadSal Win User

Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

HDMI cable not detected by computer

I want to connect to a monitor or TV with HDMI. No signal to either. Monitor says "no signal coming from your computer".

I have tried with no success:

• HDMI directly into Nvidia 980 HDMI slot
    • HDMI directly into motherboard slot, Intel i6700k with integrated graphics
    • HDMI indirectly into HDMI(female)-to-Displayport(male) adapter, into Nvidia 980 Displayport slots
    I have verified:

• Cable plugged into second computer, connected fine to monitor and TV
    • Tried different HDMI cable, same results on both computers
    • Displayport slots on Nvidia 980 work on monitor with DP-mDP cable
    • Both monitor and TV are 4k. Output is 4k on other computer, and 4k using Displayport on this computer.
    • Used newest graphics driver for Nvidia 980
    • Used old graphics driver (2020) for Nvidia 980
    All cases, other computer connected successfully and this computer received "no signal"

Other than the hardware checks and the driver checks, I am not sure what other steps I should try.

Since it applies to both Nvidia 980 and motherboard, and since Displayport works but HDMI through Displayport doesn't work, I feel like there is some issue in the computer working with HDMI signals.

Thanks, Ahmad

AhmadSal, Jan 29, 2024
Thema:

Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

1. Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer... - Similar Threads - Impossible problem solution

2. Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...: Dear all,I have been so happy because I purchase a new computer screen. Namely the Dell U2723QE. Super excited.It should have been an easy plug and play, but it still does not work. My computer is a surface laptop 2 consumer model 1769 i5. I am using an HDMI to min display...
  3. no mDP signal from your device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no mDP signal from your device: Hi.When I turn on my PC, monitors wake up, but during the startup, this message apears "no mdp signal from your device", and the monitors go to sleep.I make a hard shut down, and start again, and now it works fine.This happens every time for some weeks, perhaps after a...
  4. no mDP signal from your device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no mDP signal from your device: Hi.When I turn on my PC, monitors wake up, but during the startup, this message apears "no mdp signal from your device", and the monitors go to sleep.I make a hard shut down, and start again, and now it works fine.This happens every time for some weeks, perhaps after a...
  5. no mDP signal from your device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. no dp signal from your device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no dp signal from your device: Hi.When I turn on my PC, monitors wake up, but during the startup, this message apears "no dp signal from your device", and the monitors go to sleep.I make a hard shut down, and start again, and now it works fine.This happens every time for some weeks, perhaps after a...
  7. HDMI devices receive no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI devices receive no signal: Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused. Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI when it was never an issue before. The tv recognized that something was plugged in, but it...
  8. HDMI devices receive no signal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDMI devices receive no signal: Hello, this is my first post of this kind since ages, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated and confused. Sometime last year I noticed I couldn't connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI when it was never an issue before. The tv recognized that something was plugged in, but it...
  9. No HDMI signal?

No HDMI signal?: This is a brand new Dell XPS 3890 dekstop; just got it last Tuesday (Windows 10 Home). I got notification from Dell that I had a BIOS update, so I clicked to install it. Ever since I installed it, whenever I put my computer to sleep, start or restart I get these messages on...
  10. no HDMI signal

no HDMI signal: I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still...