Windows 10: Impossible to change any firewall settings

Discus and support Impossible to change any firewall settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to add new rules to windows firewall but any change I do is not saved at all. If I disable the firewall, a window on bottom right corner says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tarts, Sep 1, 2016.

1. tarts Win User

Impossible to change any firewall settings

I need to add new rules to windows firewall but any change I do is not saved at all. If I disable the firewall, a window on bottom right corner says firewall is off but when I open firewall settings again, its turned on. And this goes for any setting I try to change. All rules I create will magically disappear.

I even tried to disable it using command prompt(administrator):
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off Ok.[/quote] It says "ok", but actually the firewall turns right back on.

I uninstalled my Avast antivirus temporarily to see if this program was controlling it, still same situation.

Please help

:)

tarts, Sep 1, 2016

2. Firewall Windows 10

Hi,

I tried to start the Firewall using services.msc as is is impossible to change the settings as described in the mentioned article.

I downgraded Windows 10 to Windows 7 and rerun the upgrade and now the Windows Firewall is okay. Nevertheless the Windows Explorer is not working anymore, but this is another story...

Best regards,

Michael

MichaelMetzner, Sep 1, 2016
  3. changing window firewall setting

Hello,

I am trying to change ( activate ) fire wall on my window 10 . but msg comes Window fire wall can't changesome of your setting , error code 0X8007042c , so i download and scan with Microsoft Safety Scanner , result ...no virus . but still same problem ....can
    not change fire wall setting

I need help please

PrafulParikh, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

Impossible to change any firewall settings

1. Impossible to change any firewall settings - Similar Threads - Impossible change firewall

2. Changing PIN - impossible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing PIN - impossible?: Hi,Recently this new laptop I bought came with Windows 11 and I set up my account using my regular non work email. I am of course the administrator and there are no other accounts on this device. I intended to change my pin today and for some reason it lists under each of the...
  3. Changing PIN - impossible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing PIN - impossible?: Hi,Recently this new laptop I bought came with Windows 11 and I set up my account using my regular non work email. I am of course the administrator and there are no other accounts on this device. I intended to change my pin today and for some reason it lists under each of the...
  4. Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9: Hello.I cannot change any settings on my Windows Defender Firewall. When I do so, I receive this error. I there any way to fix this?Thank you for your help.Rudi...
  5. Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings: I got a notification at the bottom of the screen on my desktop computer saying Firewall had been turned off click here to fix. It opened up Windows Defender Firewall under Control Panel. But I can't get anything to work. Click on "use recommended settings", nothing happens....
  6. Q Firewall settings: Is it ok to change any existing 'public' setting to private?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Q Firewall settings: Is it ok to change any existing 'public' setting to private?: Hello, I took a look at my access-list in the Windows Firewall settings and was surprised how many things were put to public instead of private (or were both selected). I installed a fresh Windows 10 yesterday and I barely had any requests yet from programs for access...
  7. Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes

Windows 10 Firewall Will Not Save Any Changes: Hello all, it seems that my Firewall will not save or keep changes I make at all. This use to work perfectly. Now when I try to remove items, or untick anything, then hit OK, and I go back to check it, its right back where it was. Any help would be appreciated, this is...
  8. firewall settings

firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  9. cant change any settings

cant change any settings: when i try and change my privacy and online safety settings it comes up with "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." can someone help me and tell me a way of fixing this?...
  10. updates change network and firewall settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    updates change network and firewall settings: this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings. each time homegroup is turned on, my home network becomes public, network discovery is turned off, all network security settings are...