Windows 10: Impossible to disconnect a school account

Discus and support Impossible to disconnect a school account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey there I am having troubles deleting my former university account from windows 10. This scenario occurs when I try to disconnect my former... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mano_L, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Mano_L Win User

Impossible to disconnect a school account

Hey there

I am having troubles deleting my former university account from windows 10.

This scenario occurs when I try to disconnect my former School organizational Office 365 account.

I follow the traditional procedure Settings > Account > Access work or school > "XXX account" > Disconnect.

When I click "Disconnect", the page loads and then this very account reappears for some unknown reason.

When I click on "Manage" to manage this particular school account, I am redirected to https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/r/#/profile where I can see written "Windows Workplace joined".

When I left university, I know that my account got disabled.

I also receive on a regular basis a notification from windows telling me that this particular account needs fixing. When I try to reconnect to it knowing that the account is disabled, the error code 135011 pops up.

This is a different error that the one explained and solvedhere.

FYI, I am signed in with a local account, non admin.

Anybody knows how to solve this without wiping my whole windows 10 ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Rom

:)

Mano_L, Mar 27, 2020
  2. CFrame Win User

School still requiring login changes after disconnecting on my PC

This has been going on for a bit now, and I'm finally getting so fed up with having to brainstorm new pins every 3 months. I initially added my school live account in hopes it would make working between home and school easier. After a while, I found it so
    annoying the issues outweighed the benefits, mainly in the fact I was running out of logins I could easily remember. For some reason, the policy for non-school PC is triple how often you need to reset a school-owned one. Anyways, I disconnected, yet I still
    have the organizational restrictions on my login and consistently have to change everything but my fingerprint, which doesn't always work. Here are the repo steps...

1. Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school.
    2. Click the profile you wish to disconnect and select "Disconnect".
    3. A) Wait for a month or two until it requires pin reset.

B) Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options and click pin or password. Below it will give you a list of organizational restrictions and hold you to them when creating the pin.
    I can live without a fix, but personally i want my school of my laptop since I won't be going there soon anyways.

CFrame, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Can't remove a Work or School account from Windows 10

This scenario occurs when you sign in with a personal Microsoft Account, and then add a Work or School organisational (Office 365) account.

The aim is to remove a Work or School Account from the PC, so that a different Work or School account can be used.

You should be signing in with a Personal Microsoft Account, and the PC should not be on a domain to reproduce this.

Steps to repro

1. Create a login on the PC using your Personal Microsoft Account

2. Open Settings > Accounts > Access work or school

3. Click "Connect"

4. Enter the details for your Work or School Organisational Account (NOT another Personal MSA)

This will then pull down the policy etc. and link the account to Windows. Seems to work fine, but then if you want to remove the account it is impossible. Try this:

1. Open Settings > Accounts > Access work or school

2. Click on the Organisational account you added previously

3. Click on "Disconnect"

4. A prompt will appear asking if you are sure

5. Click Yes

6. A further prompt will appear asking you to disconnect from the organisation

7. Click Disconnect

8. A yellow error message says "This PC isn't joined to a domain"

This does not appear to be the correct behaviour - It should be possible to remove the account here. The message is technically correct...The device is not on a domain, but this should not stop the account being removed.

What I am trying to do, is disconnect one account and add a different one. Adding two Work or School accounts does not seem to work, so removing the old one first is the only option but this is impossible due to the above mentioned error.

Anybody know how to get around this without wiping the whole device?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet / PC

Danieltharris, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Impossible to disconnect a school account

2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Impossible to disconnect a school account

1. Impossible to disconnect a school account - Similar Threads - Impossible disconnect school

2. unable to disconnect school account due to glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to disconnect school account due to glitch: I am somehow signed in to my school account after I deleted teams but can't disconnect it bcs it won't show in my work or school account tab in settings and if i try and open the email and accounts tab then it will be stuck in an infinite loop this is annoying bcs i cant sign...
  3. unable to disconnect school account due to glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to disconnect school account due to glitch: I am somehow signed in to my school account after I deleted teams but can't disconnect it bcs it won't show in my work or school account tab in settings and if i try and open the email and accounts tab then it will be stuck in an infinite loop this is annoying bcs i cant sign...
  4. unable to disconnect school account due to glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lost profile after disconnecting school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost profile after disconnecting school account: Hi everyone, I bought a PC last year and installed windows 10 education on it through my university. It was primarily connected to my university account and I also had my personal Microsoft account on it. I have since upgraded to windows 11, and a few months ago I switched to...
  6. Lost profile after disconnecting school account

Lost profile after disconnecting school account: Hi everyone, I bought a PC last year and installed windows 10 education on it through my university. It was primarily connected to my university account and I also had my personal Microsoft account on it. I have since upgraded to windows 11, and a few months ago I switched to...
  7. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync not working even with disconnecting school account: So I have a blue Dell Inspiron M5110 from 2011, and I wanted to sync settings and stuff when I get a new computer someday, but then it will say this: Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this. I've even removed my school account...
  8. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account

Sync not working even with disconnecting school account: So I have a blue Dell Inspiron M5110 from 2011, and I wanted to sync settings and stuff when I get a new computer someday, but then it will say this: Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this. I've even removed my school account...
  9. Sync not working even with disconnecting school account

10. Work or school account cannot be disconnected

Work or school account cannot be disconnected: Hi, I am trying to disconnect my work/school account but when I go to "Access work or school", select my account and click on Disconnect it is asking me if I am sure and when I confirm account is removed and immediately created again. Is there any way to remove...