Windows 10: Impossible to do Security Key PIN

Discus and support Impossible to do Security Key PIN in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 asks me to do the following to authorize a security keyGo to my account--sign in options--security key--manage--insert your security key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LUVSITE, Mar 31, 2023.

1. LUVSITE Win User

Impossible to do Security Key PIN

Windows 10 asks me to do the following to authorize a security keyGo to my account--sign in options--security key--manage--insert your security key into the USB port--touch your security key--security key pin you are to put the old PIN here but there is none for my security key, which uses a tap then-- New security key PIN--confirm security key PIN. How do I authorize my security key when it works by putting your fingertip on a button on the side of it as it is placed into a USB port

:)

LUVSITE, Mar 31, 2023
  2. Try3 Win User

Security Key

Some tentative suggestions -
    1 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for a WiFi network?
    2 Perhaps you mean the 'Security key' for your router's Admin functions that is controlling your WiFi network?
    3 Perhaps you mean your Windows user account login 'password' or a 'PIN' that you have set it up to accept instead?

Denis

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Security within Outlook on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• What is the make and model of the computer? If you are using a Desktop, please help us with the make and model of the keyboard.
    • Have you enabled PIN to sign in to the computer? If yes, are you facing any issues with PIN sign in?

In the meantime, you can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

I suggest you to check if the NUM lock key is on or not. If not, please press it to turn on NUM lock and try entering the PIN.

Method 1: Using On-Screen keyboard.

You can try using the On-Screen keyboard and see if the issue persists. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type osk and click on OK.
    3. Once opened, please use it to type the PIN.

Method 2: Disable PIN.

I suggest you to disable PIN set up and then check if the issue persists. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Account.
    3. Click on Sign-in options.
    4. Under PIN, click on Remove.
    5. Enter the password to confirm that you want to remove the
      PIN.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 31, 2023
  4. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

1. Impossible to do Security Key PIN - Similar Threads - Impossible Security Key

2. Changing PIN - impossible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing PIN - impossible?: Hi,Recently this new laptop I bought came with Windows 11 and I set up my account using my regular non work email. I am of course the administrator and there are no other accounts on this device. I intended to change my pin today and for some reason it lists under each of the...
  3. Changing PIN - impossible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing PIN - impossible?: Hi,Recently this new laptop I bought came with Windows 11 and I set up my account using my regular non work email. I am of course the administrator and there are no other accounts on this device. I intended to change my pin today and for some reason it lists under each of the...
  4. Windows security : Impossible to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security : Impossible to start: Hi all,Got a virus, and I installed Malwabyte, did a scan, deleted and cleaned everything, now it's all clear. Also uninstalled malwarebytes.However, not Windows Security won't start.I get an notification message as startup "Windows security is not started, click here to...
  5. Windows security : Impossible to start

Windows security : Impossible to start: Hi all,Got a virus, and I installed Malwabyte, did a scan, deleted and cleaned everything, now it's all clear. Also uninstalled malwarebytes.However, not Windows Security won't start.I get an notification message as startup "Windows security is not started, click here to...
  6. Impossible to do Security Key PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Impossible to do Security Key PIN: Windows 10 asks me to do the following to authorize a security keyGo to my account--sign in options--security key--manage--insert your security key into the USB port--touch your security key--security key pin you are to put the old PIN here but there is none for my security...
  7. Impossible to do Security Key PIN

Impossible to do Security Key PIN: Windows 10 asks me to do the following to authorize a security keyGo to my account--sign in options--security key--manage--insert your security key into the USB port--touch your security key--security key pin you are to put the old PIN here but there is none for my security...
  8. Security Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security Pin: I was asked my microsoft to change my login pin and I changed later then i forgot the new one to login then try to set up the new pin on the lock screen. However, i tried to set up but it shows that something went wrong. Please help me.[IMG]...
  9. Security pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security pin: For some reason microsoft is making me use a six digit pin all of a sudden when I've been using a four digit ever since I had my pc. It's not letting me change it to a four digit pin when I go to change the pin....
  10. Security pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security pin: i am trying to remove my security pin but it is asking me to sign into a work email. I don't have a work email, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-pin/faea40c8-2a9d-408b-b6b7-3f497b5e5cd3