Windows 10: Impossible to remove an added family member in Windows 10

Discus and support Impossible to remove an added family member in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is another closed thread that did NOT answer the question. Even after a long thread of completely wrong and irrelevant "answers," NONE of them... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by silvanet_1, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Impossible to remove an added family member in Windows 10

This is another closed thread that did NOT answer the question. Even after a long thread of completely wrong and irrelevant "answers," NONE of them work.And, typically, the FINAL answer is essentially that it is impossible and you must reset or do a complete reinstall of the operating system. That is absolute nonsense and another total FAIL by Microsoft.When you go to the online management of your account, you basically get a notification that you cannot remove an account to which you have previously given a family member or child access unless you first get THEIR consent to remove them! What

:)

silvanet_1, Sep 15, 2021

2. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Adding Family Members

Hi,

Through my Windows 10 I invited my family members although they never accepted the invitation. I want to resend the invitations but when I go to do that, it says they're already family members; they're not even listed (or even showing there's an invite)
    through the family members window. What do I do?

Thanks so much.

Lisa

LisaBobbitt, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Impossible to remove an added family member in Windows 10

Adding Family Members

Hi,

Remove the invitations that you sent out, so that you can resend it again.

You can do this by going to
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    . On the list of the invitations sent and your current family members, click on "Remove". Then you will be able to manually select the invitations that were already sent out.

Hope this helps.

Harry Stevens, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Impossible to remove an added family member in Windows 10

1. Impossible to remove an added family member in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Impossible remove added

2. Adding additional devices to family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding additional devices to family members: How do I add a second device to an existing family member? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices-to-family-members/b0e0d51d-c136-46cd-b87b-8ba0db8a8693
  3. Microsoft Error for adding Family Members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Error for adding Family Members: Hello. Yesterday I had an issue on removing family members from my account so I could add them into another account, I was able to do that now, but I've come into another problem. Now I cannot add the family members into the new account because I get an error message on the...
  4. Removing a family member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing a family member: I am following the steps to remove a family member but there is no option to remove. My husband and I had separate accounts and I need to merge them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-family-member/4f18adcc-3ce4-405e-bb25-554c70af8b83
  5. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  6. Adding a Family Member

Adding a Family Member: I'm attempting to add my daughter a child as a Family Member - she has a Microsoft account. I have successfully sent the invitation but when we open the email invite and click on 'Join' it informs us that she already belongs to a family group. When I sign on to her Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 added family member cannot login!: Hi, I upgraded Windows 10 on 4 of my machine. On one of them, I got a problem of not able to login from new family members that was added to the machine post upgrade. This is a laptop with a SSD drive. I orginially removed all of the users from Windows 8.1 before the...
  8. Family members added misteriously

Family members added misteriously: An unknown email account appears registered as a family member under my account. I did not authorize or add this email account. I try to remove the account and Microsoft does not allow it! I get some outdated info about "removing consent" but I can't find a link to...
  9. Adding a family member

Adding a family member: I have added my child to our family account but she does not appear as an option when I initially log into the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-family-member/3f3aedc2-b015-455c-a31f-c98e5c20f87f"
  10. "adding family member" option not working

"adding family member" option not working: so I try add a second family member on this pc...clicked to sign into your Microsoft account, window opens..but it just keeps loading. whats wrong [img] 76413