Windows 10: Impossible to remove write protected, tho i can access from other computers

Discus and support Impossible to remove write protected, tho i can access from other computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I have a situation with my pc, it cant write any of my sd cards and i have tried lots of things on the internet, none of them change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YuriCosta2, May 29, 2020.

1. Impossible to remove write protected, tho i can access from other computers

Hi there

I have a situation with my pc, it cant write any of my sd cards and i have tried lots of things on the internet, none of them change the write protected message. I can access from other computers on windows 10 and write it, as well as my camera and 3DS so nothing wrong with the card

I have tried:

• Updating drivers, they're up to date
    • Formatting and using NTFS but the other pc that i used could write FAT32 sd without issues
    • Hardware troubleshoot
    • Formatting in disk management all options grey because disk is protected
    • Creating a registry file named writeprotected and setting it to 0, does nothing
    • Using CMD commands, 'attributes disk clear readonly' says it is solved but again does nothing
    • Using another SD card. Like i said my camera and 3ds cards were tested
    • Using software to format but the options are also greyed out and says 'write protected'
    • No virus in pc

I have no idea whats going on and i bought my this laptop because it has the reading card functionality, it makes 0 sense why nothing works when other laptops does, i cant depend on others right? I hope someone had a similar problem or fixed it using a software

:)

YuriCosta2, May 29, 2020

2. remove write-protected

when i try to copy files to SD card from my computer i got message saying "the disk is write protected..remove write protection or change the disk".i cannot understand what exactly this means..can any one hepl me in how to remove write protection?

vijay

Vijay Sandesh, May 29, 2020
  3. Impossible to remove write protection from folder

We're you able to remove write protection?

ScarletRoseFT, May 29, 2020
  4. yahanna Win User

Impossible to remove write protected, tho i can access from other computers

How to Remove Write-Protection from an OEM USB Drive?

I did all that. After I entered, "ATTRIBUTES DISK CLEAR READONLY", I didnt get a prompt stating that the write protect has been removed. But the command prompt stated that disk attributes cleared successfully.

But when I tried to format the USB drive I get a pop up window stating that its still write-protected. Do you have any other suggestions?

yahanna, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Impossible to remove write protected, tho i can access from other computers

1. Impossible to remove write protected, tho i can access from other computers - Similar Threads - Impossible remove write

2. How can i remove disk write protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove disk write protection: Why i cant romove write protection and read only in my usb disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-disk-write-protection/154f12fc-2552-484b-a99a-8411cbff66be
  3. How can i remove disk write protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i remove disk write protection: Why i cant romove write protection and read only in my usb disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-disk-write-protection/154f12fc-2552-484b-a99a-8411cbff66be
  4. How can i remove disk write protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove the write-protection from the disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the write-protection from the disk: Hello Team,From the last two days when I try to copy and paste any file on my internal Hard disk, I am getting this error The disk is write protected. Remove the Write protection or use another disk.I have tried to clear readonly in CMD using attributes disk clear readonly...
  6. Remove the write-protection from the disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove the write-protection from the disk: Hello Team,From the last two days when I try to copy and paste any file on my internal Hard disk, I am getting this error The disk is write protected. Remove the Write protection or use another disk.I have tried to clear readonly in CMD using attributes disk clear readonly...
  7. Remove Write protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Write protection: how do I remove the write protection from my removable disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-write-protection/7c54f2b7-9c7e-45c7-aba7-f536bfc9f088
  8. External USB hard drive is write-protected. How can I remove write protection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External USB hard drive is write-protected. How can I remove write protection?: I have been using a Western Digital My Passport external USB 3.0 hard drive for years as a backup drive. My old computer died and I just replaced it. Now when I plug in the external drive, I cannot write to it in any way, even just renaming a file. This error message is...
  9. remove write-protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove write-protection: hi i was having issues with steam downloading /updating games i would get corrupt disk / read /disk write errors all the time so i did some googling and found some posts about removing write-protection on the drive so i followed videos on how to do it but now my drive is...
  10. Remove write protection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove write protection: So my harddrive crashed, I replaced it with one from newegg.com however it had no operating system so I bought windows 10 at best buy, it comes on a 16gig usb 3.0 flash drive. I have it all running good it's just that I want to use this flash drive for personal things but I...