Windows 10: Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization

Discus and support Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Like the title says. This incredibly annoying service is CONSTANTLY downloading something to my PC. I can kill it in task manager only for maybe half a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrazenPastuovic, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization

Like the title says. This incredibly annoying service is CONSTANTLY downloading something to my PC. I can kill it in task manager only for maybe half a minute, then it comes back destroying my internet bandwith because it is using maximum downlad speed it can. I turned it off under settings and restarted PC. Even thou it is turned off, it still starts and starts downloading. I tried killing it under services, but doesn't let me disable it. Tried limiting my bandwidth and data cap windows can use to minimum i could. Windows COMPLETELY ignores it. In 3 week, windows update downloaded 192GB of update files to my PC. 192GB OF UPDATE FILES IN 3 WEEKS!!!!! Are you insane Microsoft? How do i permanently MURDER this terrible service?

:)

DrazenPastuovic, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

How does Windows Delivery Optimization detect the bandwidth available?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In the heart of the Windows kernel there is a networking stack. It contains a suite of algorithms that would determine the available bandwidth.

You can use the PowerShell cmdlets to monitor the delivery optimization.
    Get-DeliveryOptimizationStatusreturns a real-time snapshot of all current Delivery Optimization jobs. For more information, I would suggest you
    to refer to the article: Set up Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates

Additional info:

If you have further queries, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on Delivery Optimization.

Junaid_A, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization

Delivery Optimization won't turn off

Hey,

When I open my task manager, I see "Delivery Optimization" at the top of the list of the programs using the most bandwith, and it is really annoying. I have tried turning it off through settings (there are instructions on how to do this on the website),
    but it won't go away and stop wasting all my bandwith. I'm frustrated, to say the least.

MagnusLangslet, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization

1. Impossible to turn off Delivery optimization - Similar Threads - Impossible turn off

2. Delivery Optimization will not turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery Optimization will not turn off: Hi, I've disabled Delivery Optimization from the settings but it wont turn off, the service is still taking up all of my internet 10mbps worth and making it unusable.Please help !...
  3. Delivery Optimization will not turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery Optimization will not turn off: Hi, I've disabled Delivery Optimization from the settings but it wont turn off, the service is still taking up all of my internet 10mbps worth and making it unusable.Please help !...
  4. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization: Service Host: Network service - Delivery optimizationDisabled under Delivery optimization in windows update settings, set to disabled in services, disabled in regedit. and it turns itself back on how can I turn this off permenantly i have horrid internet and even a fraction...
  5. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: How to remove it ? submitted by /u/Dhrubadey50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk66rw/delivery_optimization/
  6. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization: What is Delivery Optimization? Why does it use +60% of my bandwith? Is it ok to disable this Service from Services app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization/1db2fca0-4273-407a-b29b-1fdab04bb281
  7. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: After some hours today following multiple troubleshoots to get the Windows Store to speed up, I've encountered another problem that could be the answer to the first problem. This menu called Delivery Optimization that I've read here and there helps Microsoft Store download...
  8. Delivery Optimization won't turn off

Delivery Optimization won't turn off: Hey, When I open my task manager, I see "Delivery Optimization" at the top of the list of the programs using the most bandwith, and it is really annoying. I have tried turning it off through settings (there are instructions on how to do this on the website), but it won't go...
  9. Delivery Optimization

Delivery Optimization: My network is a single computer with an ethernet connection to the internet. Is there any particular reason why I should keep Delivery Optimization turned on? My internet search has left me more confused than anything else, but I get the sense that it is likely not doing...
  10. Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off: Noticed this today on my laptop currently running Windows 10 Home x64 v1803 build 17134.191. [img] This happened when I ran the Settings app and clicked on 'Update & Security' whilst the system was still settling down immediately after Windows startup. I noticed that it...