Windows 10: Impossible W10 installation - PC build

Discus and support Impossible W10 installation - PC build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I've looked for an answer everywhere but can't find anything so I've finally decided on creating a new post. I've built my first PC, specs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drlsurp, Aug 14, 2020.

1. drlsurp Win User

Impossible W10 installation - PC build

Hi all,

I've looked for an answer everywhere but can't find anything so I've finally decided on creating a new post.

I've built my first PC, specs are as follow:

CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory
    G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory

Storage
    ADATA SU630 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card
    EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO GAMING Video Card

Power Supply
    SeaSonic S12III 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

PC is starting, I can get into the BIOS and it recognizes all the hardware installed.

Problem is during the Windows installation.
    I've copied on an USB key the data from this ISO: Win10_1809_French_x64.iso (later versions don't work).
    I've also copied SATA drivers otherwise the installer doesn't recognize my SSD even though the BIOS does.

Once I've loaded the drivers my SSD appears but I can't install Windows on it.

Either it's telling me:
    "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one..."

or if I clean the disk through the command, copy the data on it, convert it to gpt etc... sometimes it will take me to the next step but won't copy the Windows files and will tell me that "windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation".

I've tried playing in the BIOS with the Secure boost and Legacy but doesn't help...

Any ideas?

Let me know if more info is necessary to help, and sorry my english isn't perfect.

Thanks !

:)

drlsurp, Aug 14, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Friloux Win User
    Network print is impossible with W10

I get 3 PC's with W10 in my home network.

It's impossible to print from the network although the printer is recognized by network PC's !

Help please

Friloux, Aug 14, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Impossible W10 installation - PC build - Similar Threads - Impossible W10 installation

2. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  3. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  4. W10 Install not my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Install not my pc: I am replacing a HDD for a friend of a friend is there anyway to install it without creating an account? I suppose kind of like when you buy one new.. It would be ready for the new info. Tia 165703
  5. Strange Partitions after W10 install on new build

Strange Partitions after W10 install on new build: I've just built a new PC and installed W10 from a USB after using the W10 creation tool on my old build. Everything seemed to install fine but I noticed some quirks (like start button and key not doing anything) so I decided to do a reset. That completed but now I've...
  6. Couple of questions on installing an older build of W10

Couple of questions on installing an older build of W10: My old laptop (Acer Aspire 9301 from 2006) will not even install the latest builds, and 1803 ran very badly. At the moment I'm back to Vista and Google Chrome. I feel I would like to have a last ditch attempt at running an older build such as 1703 or 1709 (whcih I have used...
  7. W10 build 14295

W10 build 14295: Hi all, I have W10 build 14291 in my laptop and try to upgrade to Build 14295 but it failed: I'm in Insider Preview so I first go there to download the new Build. the download is O.K. but installation failed. I then downloaded the ISO files, make it a bootable USB Key....
  8. W10 Build 10130 installation error.

W10 Build 10130 installation error.: I've been trying to install 10130 from an ISO and something is getting in my way. For the x64 version : The loading screen with the Windows logo pops up, it dosen't even show the loading circle and then it restarts after some time. For the x32 version : The loading...
  9. W10 Build difference ???

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Build difference ???: Hey gang, i have 2 computers that i installed W10 on about a week apart one has Windows 10 Home (x64) 1115 (build 10586) on it, the other has Windows 10 Home (x64) (build 10240) !!! My question : what is the difference between build 10586 and build 10240 ???? Thanks...
  10. W10 Builds

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Builds: I am using 10130 which I guess is the last update. I keep seeing news about other builds but this conjecture is ridiculous. Shuld I be using something newer??????????? Thanks 7325