Windows 10: impoting photos

Discus and support impoting photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have imported photos from my camera but now cannot find them on my laptop. I am using windows 10. I have several Sd cards filled with photos but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Womie99, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Womie99 Win User

impoting photos

I have imported photos from my camera but now cannot find them on my laptop. I am using windows 10. I have several Sd cards filled with photos but I am afraid to import them because I am then unable to find them. Help please.

:)

Womie99, Aug 8, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done impoting photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 8, 2019
  4. impoting photos

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

impoting photos

1. impoting photos - Similar Threads - impoting photos

2. Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug: I have folders full of photos. Some cameras start the filenames with the date, some with IMG_, some with IMG-, etc. To get the latest ones sorted at the top of the list in File Explorer, I insert the Date Taken column in the column list and sort by that. So looking at...
  3. Windows 10 File Manager or Photo Viewer Possible Bug

Windows 10 File Manager or Photo Viewer Possible Bug: I have folders full of photos. Some cameras start the filenames with the date, some with IMG_, some with IMG-, etc. To get the latest ones sorted at the top of the list in File Manager, I insert the Date Taken column in the column list and sort by that. So looking at the...
  4. HOW DO YOU SELECT ALL PHOTOS TO COPY TO A THUMBDRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO YOU SELECT ALL PHOTOS TO COPY TO A THUMBDRIVE: HOW DO YOU SELECT ALL WHEN IN PHOTOS IN ORDER TO COPY TO A THUMBDRIVE? THE PHOTOS WERE DOWNLOADED TO WINDOWS COMPUTER THROUGH GOOGLE PHOTOS FROM MY ANDROID SMARTPHONE....
  5. Windows 10 - Media Center - I,port of Photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Media Center - I,port of Photos: Hello, I've got Windows10, 64, 1803. Because I could not find any other program that displays the IPTC title of the photos (overlay), created in Lightroom, I resorted to an unofficially updated version of WMC for Windows 10. The import of larger numbers of pictures...
  6. unable to view transferred photos

unable to view transferred photos: I have just tried to transfer photos from my android device to my laptop (a transfer I practice regularly). On this occasion, none of the files I've transferred will open. "Photos" suggests "it appears that we don't support this file format" and other programs produce...
  7. No thumbnails and unsynced photos

No thumbnails and unsynced photos: Problem #1. Thumbnails are not showing up. I have been through every fix on the internet but they still not always appear. (see photo). I have the always show thumbnails option checked and the show icons unchecked. I have deleted and reinstalled the cache file. No luck. I...
  8. Microsoft Photos & Mpeg-2 Files

Microsoft Photos & Mpeg-2 Files: Got a batch of files from A Sony Handycam and they are Mpeg-2 Files. Microsoft Photos will not let me import these giving me the following error [img] I have the MPEG-2 Extension from the MS store installed. Strangely, Microsoft Film & TV quite happily plays these files....
  9. Missing Photos folders

Missing Photos folders: Hi, I have recently upgraded windows and have noticed that i cannot find my Photos or Documents anywhere. I have years worth of data in these. they were usually in the default pictures and documents folders in windows explorer. i have tried looking in hidden folders and...
  10. Unable to import photos from Android device

Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...