Windows 10: Improper ShutDown

Discus and support Improper ShutDown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, my desktop computer with Windows 10 installed has a problem shutting down properly. The usual process takes place and the monitor goes blank but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Barely_Hooman, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Improper ShutDown

So,

my desktop computer with Windows 10 installed has a problem shutting down properly.

The usual process takes place and the monitor goes blank but the fans and lights on the CPU are still on.

I have, to no effect, waited for more than 30 minutes hoping they'd go off eventually.

As a result, I'm forced to turn off the power supply.

The next boot-up process is really slow and I'm worried this'll harm my PC.

Sometimes this issue is resolved after an update.

However the issue was absent before the last update and now has started occurring again after the update. Please help me fix this.

Thank You.

:)

Barely_Hooman, Feb 18, 2019
  2. FunEngine Win User

Win 10 improper shutdown

For previous versions of Win OS, if there is improper shutdown, a scandisk screen will come up after restart. However, in win 10 after improper shutdown, it just go right to Windows w/o prompting for a scandisk. Is this normal and why ?

FunEngine, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Unable to boot windows due to missing or corrupt files

Hi Callum,

There are several reasons why your PC isn't booting properly. One of which is because of broken boot data configuration components. To isolate the issue, we highly suggest you to boot your PC in Safe Mode. Given that you cannot access the setup screen, please
    follow these steps:

Do the improper shutdown process:

• Turn on your computer.
    • When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the computer. Do this thrice.
    • At the 4th boot, simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment window to appear.

After doing the improper shutdown process, please follow these steps:

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced options then, Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once the PC has restarted, press the F4 key to boot in Safe Mode.

Let us know if the resolution worked for you.

Katrina Men, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Improper ShutDown

Help! ASUS X555Y

In your case, we suggest that you remove the battery of your laptop first before performing the steps provided under improper shutdown process.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Improper ShutDown

1. Improper ShutDown - Similar Threads - Improper ShutDown

2. BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck: so my computer tends to BSOD or restart out of sleep mode or it will wake up on its own and shut down improperly with this bugcheck report. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000018, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000,...
  3. BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck: so my computer tends to BSOD or restart out of sleep mode or it will wake up on its own and shut down improperly with this bugcheck report. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000018, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000,...
  4. BSOD computer shutdown improperly. bugcheck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After some improper Or forced shutdowns due to power failure, I started getting blue screen...

After some improper Or forced shutdowns due to power failure, I started getting blue screen...: I am using windows 10 and after some forced shut downs I started getting blue screen errors, I updated the windows, reinstalled it with complete formatting of my disk c, but nothing worked, I ran memory diagnostic tool and it came with no errors, and used that scannow command...
  6. Can closing laptop lid cause improper shutdown?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can closing laptop lid cause improper shutdown?: I'm seeing improper shutdowns in event viewer daily on my parents' new laptop, yet Dad reports no crashes. He likes to have it "shutdown" on lid close. I do see in the event viewer Xbox/Halo crashing, and Dad does say it takes a long time to quit the game. But it does seem...
  7. Windows 10 Hangs in Shutdown, Then Forces Improper Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hangs in Shutdown, Then Forces Improper Shutdown: Hi! This is my first time with the forums. I have been experiencing an issue for quite some time. When I shutdown my PC it goes through all the usual things (shuts down usb periphs. monitors, etc) and then you would expect it to turn off right?; Except.. it doesn't..... not...
  8. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop After Improper Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop After Improper Shutdown: I recently shut down my desktop Windows 10 OS, but halfway through the shudown, the power to the computer was lost. Now, everytime i turn on my computer i am sent into the "Automatic Repair" tool. I have tried all troubleshooting tools available there but nothing will work....
  9. PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take?: PC: I usually have the following open during a normal session: browser with ~8-10 tabs, but I never use notifications ~4-8 MS Word files all the data drive folders / explorer folders / directories of Windows that are open on my PC are located inside the PC...
  10. Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure

Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure: Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure. Restart freezes with coloured screen showing date and time only. Occasional flashing of disk drive light but no further progress to Start screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 improper shutdown

2. effect of improper shutdown of computer