Windows 10: Improper Updating

Discus and support Improper Updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10/1079 keeps Updating 1803 and 1903, then regurgitating or crashing until I reset. Every reset ruins something and wipes needed Apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Back2Square1, Jan 14, 2020 at 5:42 AM.

1. Improper Updating

Hi, My Windows 10/1079 keeps Updating 1803 and 1903, then regurgitating or crashing until I reset. Every reset ruins something and wipes needed Apps. The Updater automatically restores itself after being disabled in Services. Any ideas?

:)

Back2Square1, Jan 14, 2020 at 5:42 AM
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Improper Updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. qUAan Win User
    Windows 10 improper wake

Did all steps

No problems or updates found.

Suggestions?

4. btarunr Win User

Improper Updating

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

Thema:

Improper Updating

1. Improper Updating - Similar Threads - Improper Updating

2. Reliability monitor reports computer shut down improperly every day even though it's...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability monitor reports computer shut down improperly every day even though it's...: Just seen on Reliability Monitor that I have a critical event every day when I use 'Shut Down'. The PC shuts down properly with no errors, and boots into Windows with no errors, but Reliability Monitor says "Critical event: Windows was not shut down properly." What's going...
  3. does an improperly loaded home page affect how a wireless printer works?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    does an improperly loaded home page affect how a wireless printer works?: My Windows 10 doesn't load up properly. Slide shows don't load up. My Brother Wireless printer is not functioning at all in spite of Verizon tech managing to connect it to my landline phone, it being impossible to succeed with the wireless password. The printer does work...
  4. Improper charge on my Discover card bill, from "MICROSOFT REDMOND WA"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Improper charge on my Discover card bill, from "MICROSOFT REDMOND WA": I just received my Discover charge bill, and there was a charge May 20 from "MICROSOFT REDMOND WA" for $139.00. Why is this … since my computer does not have special Microsoft products on it … I use Open Office products. Why am I being charged this amount, and how can I...
  5. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop After Improper Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop After Improper Shutdown: I recently shut down my desktop Windows 10 OS, but halfway through the shudown, the power to the computer was lost. Now, everytime i turn on my computer i am sent into the "Automatic Repair" tool. I have tried all troubleshooting tools available there but nothing will work....
  6. Improper ShutDown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improper ShutDown: So, my desktop computer with Windows 10 installed has a problem shutting down properly. The usual process takes place and the monitor goes blank but the fans and lights on the CPU are still on. I have, to no effect, waited for more than 30 minutes hoping they'd go off...
  7. PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC: Is the damage to my PC permanent in case of improper shutdown? What precautions can I take?: PC: I usually have the following open during a normal session: browser with ~8-10 tabs, but I never use notifications ~4-8 MS Word files all the data drive folders / explorer folders / directories of Windows that are open on my PC are located inside the PC...
  8. I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever...

I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever...: The problem is specific to my Google Drive folder because I can open MS Word files on other drives. The folder hangs when I click any MS Word file in my Google Drive folder. This is what it looks like: [ATTACH] I think...
  9. Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure

Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure: Improper shutdown of desktop because of power failure. Restart freezes with coloured screen showing date and time only. Occasional flashing of disk drive light but no further progress to Start screen....
  10. flash drive improperly removed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flash drive improperly removed.: How do I regain use of a flash drive that was not properly ejected before removal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/flash-drive-improperly-removed/f76af0b1-55d5-4b35-82a8-c47583019efe