Windows 10: Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work

Discus and support Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows Hello works most of the time, but regularly fails in the middle of the day. I am sure this is because my desk is right next to a large picture... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Harold E1, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Harold E1 Win User

Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work

Windows Hello works most of the time, but regularly fails in the middle of the day. I am sure this is because my desk is right next to a large picture window which gets a lot of light. I previously trained Windows Hello in exactly this kind of light for this reason. But it no longer works.Unfortunately, when I use "Improve Recognition" in Settings, that does not work. Either the frame that my face is supposed to be centered in never appears, or, if it does appear, even after 3 minutes, Improve Recognition keeps going. I could keep staring at the screen until the cows come home, without any luc

:)

Harold E1, Feb 12, 2022

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 12, 2022
  3. Windows Hello - Facial Recognition will not allow me to change the user before it turns the camera on

Hi Jools,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

• What build is installed on the computer?
    As an initial step, I suggest you to check and Install if there are updates pending.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

• Press Windows logo + R keys, enter
      ms-settings: and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    You may also, reconfigure the Windows Hello facial recognition in Windows 10 and check.

• Set up a PIN code by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 12, 2022
  4. Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work

facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work

1. Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work - Similar Threads - Improve Recognition Hello

2. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  3. Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working: I am using a Windows 11 PC which is expected to have Windows Hello Face working. Although I am facing this issue. Kindly help.Thanks,Rayan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/55e34bb5-351a-4349-a8e6-25cc50e3c51f
  4. Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work: Windows Hello works most of the time, but regularly fails in the middle of the day. I am sure this is because my desk is right next to a large picture window which gets a lot of light. I previously trained Windows Hello in exactly this kind of light for this reason. But it no...
  5. Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Improve Recognition for Windows Hello does not work: Windows Hello works most of the time, but regularly fails in the middle of the day. I am sure this is because my desk is right next to a large picture window which gets a lot of light. I previously trained Windows Hello in exactly this kind of light for this reason. But it no...
  6. Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working: So i just bought a new HP Omen laptop and the only thing not working is the windows hello facial recognition, it seems to be an issue with windows 11 as the camera works fine, I talked to HP support and they informed me that it was not the device as its the same compatible...
  7. Improve recognition from Windows Hello doesn't recognize face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Improve recognition from Windows Hello doesn't recognize face: Windows Hello often fails to recognize me, so I would like to improve its recognition. But when I use the improve recognition tool, it doesn't recognize my face, despite that it is centered and well lit....
  8. Windows Hello stopped working and does not let me improve it

Windows Hello stopped working and does not let me improve it: Since I got new glasses my windows hello is not recognizing me so I tried to go to settings and press the "Improve Recognition" option, but it doesn't let me. Instead, there is a message that says that Windows hellos is currently unavailable. How can I fix this?...
  9. hello face recognition does not work

hello face recognition does not work: hello face recognition does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition-does-not-work/9aa67d2e-4be3-4cef-9553-96a24b2b84f3
  10. Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10 [img] Information fingerprint [/b]or face recognition. Windows Hello, greets you by name and with a smile, letting you sign in without a password and providing instant, more secure access to your Windows 10...