Windows 10: Improve WiFi Link Speed

Discus and support Improve WiFi Link Speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get poor WiFi performance in my lounge (2Mbps) which is the furthest distance in the house from the router. I do have a hardwired Ethernet connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve C, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Improve WiFi Link Speed

I get poor WiFi performance in my lounge (2Mbps) which is the furthest distance in the house from the router. I do have a hardwired Ethernet connection in the lounge connected to the router. What's the best way of providing better WiFi performance in the lounge by connecting into the Ethernet connection already available?

:)

Steve C, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Sluggish WiFi Speeds on Desktop

Unfortunately, the steps in the link didn't work.

• I have a TP-Link Archer C8
    • I have Norton Antivirus; I tried disabling both the firewall and anti virus and no luck. My wife's laptop has the same version of Anti virus and no noticable difference in her Internet speeds. Hers also runs Windows 10.
    • I've tried multiple browsers and various video games, but they're all slow. Speed Test is also saying i'm hovering betrween 4 - 9 mbs.
    • Everything's been cleared out.
    The USB i have is an Etekcity AC1200 USB

I can provide any information you need;,

JonCastro28, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Improve WiFi Link Speed

Slow File Transfer Speeds (WiFi)

Hi Ruz,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked out all your suggestions, but nothing has so far improved the transfer speeds. To clarify the issue:

My requirement is to transfer files from my desktop PC to my laptop. The desktop is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable.

When connecting the SB2 to the network by Ethernet, the cable is connected to the laptop via an Ethernet > USB C connector, attaining transfer speeds of around 100 MB/sec. When connecting via WiFi, the transfer speeds drop to around 30 MB/sec, whether I
    am using the built-in WiFi adapter or the new, third party adapter.

By way of comparison, I am achieving transfer speeds of around 80 MB/sec when transferring to my 8-year old MacBook Pro via WiFi in the same environment.

According to various internet speed test utilities, I do not have any issues when uploading/downloading via Ethernet or WiFi, which give similar results.

To summarise, the only issues seems to be the file transfer speeds when using WiFi.

SkyriderUK, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Improve WiFi Link Speed

1. Improve WiFi Link Speed - Similar Threads - Improve WiFi Link

2. WiFi speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi speed: I recently bought a PC and am having alot of troubles with it. First i want to fix my WiFi speed, in my phone it is easily reaching 60mbps but on my PC it is only reaching 300kbps which is very concerning. I had an engineer come out and look at my WiFi which fixed connection...
  3. WiFi speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi speed: I have two Dell laptop computers in the same room running Windows 10. One has WiFi at 50/50 Mbps the other at 25/25 Mbps. Both used to be 50/50 Mbps. Inspiron 3650 fast and Inspiron 5749 slow A hard-wired desktop computer, also Windows 10 sees 60/60 Mbps. I don't run...
  4. Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed

Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed: Hi, Microsoft In My City i have only 1 Good Internet Service Provider ISP which provides ADSL Broadband Internet Connection. I want to know what is the maximum Internet Speed on ADSL Broadband. How can i improve or increase My Home Broadband Internet Speed. Please help &...
  5. Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed

Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed: Hi, Microsoft In My City i have only 1 Good Internet Service Provider ISP which provides ADSL Broadband Internet Connection. I have Subscribe to Internet Speed Plan @ 8 Mbps. But i am getting very Slow Internet Speed @ 6.44 Mbps. Also want to know SNR Margin Down Stream &...
  6. Improve Internet Speed

Improve Internet Speed: Hi, I am using Home Broadband Internet Connection on My Windows 10 Laptop. Nowdays i am getting Slow Internet Speed. I want some tips that can help me increase Home Broadband Internet Speed. Please help....
  7. Repair email & improve speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair email & improve speed: What can I do to improve speed on my Windows 10 laptop and reinstall email program without loosing my Window Office & other programs like Norton's and my printer? I need easy details - I am not a computer wiz....
  8. Improve speed at the start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Improve speed at the start: How can I improve the speed of my PC startup with windows 10 ? Since it is very uncomfortable to wait so long to be able to use it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-speed-at-the-start/79519051-c435-446e-8c0c-40ff75fd7bce
  9. Wifi connection speed improves temporarily after winsock reset

Wifi connection speed improves temporarily after winsock reset: hi all i am currently using a dell latitude 3460 with a Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac wireless adapter and running Windows 10 pro x64 i have a 40 mbps broadband connection at home but i hardly get 1 mbps speed on my laptop on wireless the upload speed is like 40 times...
  10. 960 evo nvme speed improvement

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    960 evo nvme speed improvement: I have a new system with a 960 evo nvme. The system bios is legacy. If i change the bios to uefi and change the mbr to gpt, would i gain any significant speed improvement with the nvme drive? Currently i am underwhelmed by the speed of the nvme in comparison to a 850 pro on...