Windows 10: Improved Windows Search is now rolling out to Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support Improved Windows Search is now rolling out to Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is rolling out a server-side update that enables a slightly improved variation of Windows Search on retail builds of Windows 10, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 28, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Improved Windows Search is now rolling out to Windows 10 PCs

Microsoft is rolling out a server-side update that enables a slightly improved variation of Windows Search on retail builds of Windows 10, including May 2019 Update PCs.

Windows Search has become an essential part of Windows and it’s now a more advanced feature on Windows 10 as compared to older versions of the operating system. Search relies on the index to look for information such as OS settings quickly, but users have complained that sometimes settings search results don’t match the search input.

To improve Windows Search experience, Microsoft is improving the Best match result section with a new “Related:” label to clarify why a particular setting has popped in the search result. At the moment, the related label shows up only for Settings app, but Microsoft is planning to expand this feature to include Apps search in the coming weeks.

Improved Windows Search is now rolling out to Windows 10 PCs Windows-Search.jpg

Microsoft is also updating the built-in Spell correction feature of Windows Search to help you find what you’re looking for. Windows Search will intelligently understand and render correct results for typos like ‘powerpiont’.

It will probably take a week or two before the updated Search is ready for millions of Windows 10 PCs currently in use.

The post Improved Windows Search is now rolling out to Windows 10 PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 28, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Improved Windows Search is now rolling out to Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Improved Search rolling

2. Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out dark mode for Windows 10 Search: On Windows 10, you can always switch between dark and light themes, and even decide if apps should honour the dark mode. Changing theme in Windows 10 affects native apps, Settings, taskbar, notification center, and built-in features, such as File Explorer and context menu....
  3. Windows 10 reliability patch rolling out to prepare PCs for the feature update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 reliability patch rolling out to prepare PCs for the feature update: As Windows 10 version 1909 is reaching the end of servicing period next month and the Windows 10 Spring 2021 update is around the corner, some users are seeing reliability update KB4023057 again. KB4023057 update was first released in 2018 and it has been made available to...
  4. Windows 10 KB5000850 is now rolling out with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5000850 is now rolling out with improvements: This month’s optional update for Windows 10 version 1909 is now rolling out. As always, Microsoft has also published Windows 10 KB5000850 offline installers, which you can download to apply the patch manually on multiple configurations without connecting to the internet....
  5. Windows 10 KB4601382 (20H2) is now rolling out with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4601382 (20H2) is now rolling out with improvements: Windows 10 KB4601382, which is part of the February 2021 patch cycle, is now rolling out to PCs on version 20H2 and 2004. For those who want to apply the update manually, direct download links for Windows 10 KB4601382 offline installers are also available. Windows 10...
  6. Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10: Improving your search experience We’re rolling out a change to display some of your recent searches when you open Windows Search Box, to make them easy to get back to. This change is rolling out server-side to everyone on version 1809 and higher: The recent...
  7. Windows 10 Build 18956 rolling out to Insiders with new improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18956 rolling out to Insiders with new improvements: Windows 10 Build 18956 is now rolling out to Insiders with improvements for the Settings app, Notifications, Cortana and more. Microsoft says it is also updating Calculator on Windows 10 20H1 with support for Always on Top mode and the feature will be rolled out to everyone...
  8. Windows 10 Build 18950 is rolling out to Insiders with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18950 is rolling out to Insiders with improvements: Windows 10 Build 18950 (20H1) is now rolling out to Insiders in the Fast Ring with multiple improvements. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18950 introduces an upgraded Snip & Sketch experience, includes a new reference to the rumoured Cloud Recovery options and more. What’s...
  9. Microsoft rolls out new Edge update for Windows 10 with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out new Edge update for Windows 10 with improvements: Chromium-powered Edge was recently launched for Windows 10 and Microsoft is working on multiple big changes for the browser, including a better privacy tool. Meanwhile, Microsoft has rolled out a new update to Edge with a slew of improvements and bug fixes. Microsoft Edge...
  10. Windows 10 KB4023057 is rolling out with update reliability improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4023057 is rolling out with update reliability improvements: On September 7, Microsoft started rolling out a new update to select Windows 10 devices with improvements for the update mechanism. The new development comes days after company Redmond-based Microsoft announced Windows 10 October 2018 Update at IFA 2018 event in Berlin. An...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search vastly imptoved now