Windows 10: Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop

Discus and support Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really like the virtual desktop feature, but the management of them is less than desirable. - Display the number of the current virtual desktop on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LT2000, Aug 29, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop

I really like the virtual desktop feature, but the management of them is less than desirable.

- Display the number of the current virtual desktop on the task bar. Simple and useful.
    - Create a keyboard shortcut to directly go to the intended desktop (instead of having to scroll through them).
    - Have a right click option (or other option) to directly move windows to other desktops. The current approach is rather inefficient. Similarly, why not have a keyboard shortcut to at least toggle through the options.

Seems like some simple things could have really made management a lot better.

:)

LT2000, Aug 29, 2015
  2. IggyV. Win User
    IggyV., Aug 29, 2015
  3. Virtual desktop, New shortcut needed to switch to the screen I need (ALT+1, ALT+2.....)

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to provide your valuable suggestions using the Feedback app.

Type feedback in the search tab at task bar and please provide us the suggestions.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop

1. Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop - Similar Threads - Improvements needed Virtual

2. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: I just created a second virtual desktop, but all I get out of it is a mirror image of the original desktop. Whatever I do on one shows up on the other. How can I make the desktops independent of each other? Thanks, Bill...
  3. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: I have created more than 13 000 virtual desktops (don't ask how and why, because I can), and my computer works slow. How can I close all this desktops in one click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-desktops/6b930387-6d82-4d5b-8580-1e84356b20c1
  4. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  5. Windows 10 needs improving.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 needs improving.: Everything in Windows 10 aren't working. I have trouble with the audio on video & music folders. The audio is not available. I try everything to get them working again, but I still having troubles. Tubecast isn't working. It said network error retry. But it still isn't...
  6. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time consuming. Is...
  7. Virtual desktop help?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop help?: So I just built a new triple monitor pc build and installed windows 10. When windows boots up I see three monitors which as associated with desktop 1. When I go to create a new virtual desktop I get a new set of three desktops. What I am trying to do is have each of the...
  8. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...
  9. Virtual Desktops - Projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Desktops - Projector: Let's assume I've created 2 virtual desktops in Windows 10. (#1 and #2) Is it possible to connect projector with a single virtual desktop only? Eg. Connect virtual desktop #1 with the projector. Now swap, work along virtual desktop #2 (to look privately for some references...
  10. Performance Improvement Needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Improvement Needed: New Windows 10 user cannot figure out how to run performance improvements functions (defrag, remove temp files, remove cookies, etc.). Please help. Thank you 77564