Windows 10: Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop

Discus and support Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really like the virtual desktop feature, but the management of them is less than desirable. - Display the number of the current virtual desktop on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LT2000, Aug 29, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop

I really like the virtual desktop feature, but the management of them is less than desirable.

- Display the number of the current virtual desktop on the task bar. Simple and useful.
    - Create a keyboard shortcut to directly go to the intended desktop (instead of having to scroll through them).
    - Have a right click option (or other option) to directly move windows to other desktops. The current approach is rather inefficient. Similarly, why not have a keyboard shortcut to at least toggle through the options.

Seems like some simple things could have really made management a lot better.

:)

LT2000, Aug 29, 2015
  2. IggyV. Win User
    IggyV., Aug 29, 2015
  3. Virtual desktop, New shortcut needed to switch to the screen I need (ALT+1, ALT+2.....)

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to provide your valuable suggestions using the Feedback app.

Type feedback in the search tab at task bar and please provide us the suggestions.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop

1. Improvements needed to Virtual Desktop - Similar Threads - Improvements needed Virtual

2. Computer needs improvement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer needs improvement: My PC is almost out of speed. It slows even opening an application or saving files. I need some improvement but I dont know how to start. How can I make my PC improve?...
  3. Computer needs improvement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer needs improvement: My PC is almost out of speed. It slows even opening an application or saving files. I need some improvement but I dont know how to start. How can I make my PC improve?...
  4. Computer needs improvement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Improvements to Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improvements to Virtual Desktops: Hi, Instead of having useless Virtual Desktops that we can use just to separate the opened windows and very limited tasks that are not as useful as announced, it should be improved to be more profiles like.For example, I can create a new desktop for a gaming profile, it will...
  6. Improvements to Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Improvements to Virtual Desktops: Hi, Instead of having useless Virtual Desktops that we can use just to separate the opened windows and very limited tasks that are not as useful as announced, it should be improved to be more profiles like.For example, I can create a new desktop for a gaming profile, it will...
  7. Tools improving the default virtual desktops in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tools improving the default virtual desktops in Windows 10?: I'm using the virtual desktops in Windows 10 a lot (Start + Tab -> New desktop at the top). And I'm wondering if there are any cool tools out there improving that experience even further? submitted by /u/maartendeblock [link] [comments]...
  8. virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  9. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  10. Performance Improvement Needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Improvement Needed: New Windows 10 user cannot figure out how to run performance improvements functions (defrag, remove temp files, remove cookies, etc.). Please help. Thank you 77564