Windows 10: Improvements on WindowsSecurity-Protection elements : more info on processes, name is just...

Discus and support Improvements on WindowsSecurity-Protection elements : more info on processes, name is just... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Ms, more than a question, it is a a petition. Just turning on few days ago one of the elements of windows protection, now it says me everytime... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pGrnd, Dec 13, 2019.

1. pGrnd Win User

Improvements on WindowsSecurity-Protection elements : more info on processes, name is just...

Dear Ms,

more than a question, it is a a petition.

Just turning on few days ago one of the elements of windows protection, now it says me everytime a process try to access memory should NOT do it, or folders.

GREAT !!

you doing great job

two alerts come recently:

usocoreworker.exe accessing \Device\HarddiskVolumen4\

TiWorker.exe accessing the same

ok, but what should I do with this info?

my first concern, are those the real files? or being corrupted infected?

so I search them, I pass trough virustotal, and seems clean

so, my concern then, are the actual files the ones that try accessing the protected resource?

and I do not have a way to check that...

so here my proposal,

byside of the process name, not only the full path (clearly missing), but also but also show the HASHes of the executable, a simple search on virusTotal (or your preference) will help to the analysis.

I presume this feature (the existing one, not the improvements proposed) is given plenty of false positives.

A online database of occurrence will be nice to have also...

(probably you do, internally, but it doesn't came as a risk indicator at all in my windows security panel)

doing great,

keep going

br,

pGrnd

:)

pGrnd, Dec 13, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 13, 2019
  3. How to improve the response of running Adobe elements 13 on windows 10.

Original Title: Brian Sinfield

I am looking for suggestions on how to improve the response of running Adobe elements 13 on windows 10. This version of elements is running slow, I assume because it is larger than all previous versions and fills memory. I currently have 4 Meg of main
    memory and adequate disc space. Would increasing the main memory and adding an additional disc for swapping be a way forward (I have a disc sitting in a cupboard). If so, is it feasible to configure windows to use the second disc as a swap area for working
    files.

thanks for any suggestions.

Brian

BrianSinfield, Dec 13, 2019
  4. theonedub Win User

Improvements on WindowsSecurity-Protection elements : more info on processes, name is just...

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Improvements on WindowsSecurity-Protection elements : more info on processes, name is just... - Similar Threads - Improvements WindowsSecurity Protection

2. Lockscreen Weather Info, not "And More"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen Weather Info, not "And More": Recently I suppose after the last update weather info began appearing on my lock screen. I like it.But then, after about a week or so, "and more" started appearing along with the weather: stock market info. I don't need it.In going to the settings for personalization of the...
  3. Lockscreen Weather Info, not "And More"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen Weather Info, not "And More": Recently I suppose after the last update weather info began appearing on my lock screen. I like it.But then, after about a week or so, "and more" started appearing along with the weather: stock market info. I don't need it.In going to the settings for personalization of the...
  4. Regarding protected process

Regarding protected process: Hi , I have a few questions regarding concept of protected process on windows :1. Can I run a normal non AV/non anti malware process as protected process , provided the requirements are met?2. I am considering a scenario where I want to launch a user land process as protected...
  5. Getting protection info infinetely.

Getting protection info infinetely.: Virus and threat protection never loads in, stuck in the infinite getting protection info.People generally get recommended to put in a couple of commands to fix the issue, but it doesn't work for me.Malware scans don't show anything either. And security troubleshooter doesn't...
  6. Getting protection info infinetely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting protection info infinetely.: Virus and threat protection never loads in, stuck in the infinite getting protection info.People generally get recommended to put in a couple of commands to fix the issue, but it doesn't work for me.Malware scans don't show anything either. And security troubleshooter doesn't...
  7. Getting protection info infinetely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. What is this? more info in comment...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this? more info in comment...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/homo_erectus_heh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yzjg5e/what_is_this_more_info_in_comment/
  9. More info about Hale.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    More info about Hale.exe: how to know if the pc is being monitored secretly? in the task manager there is a hale.exe in the process. what is it? where did it come from? ive search it in google and i cant find what software it came from. 76390
  10. No more icons, just the names !

in Windows 10 Support
    No more icons, just the names !: Welcome to tenforums. Have you tried rebuilding the icon cache? Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials