Windows 10: Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As the web becomes more interactive, web pages are becoming increasingly reliant on JavaScript for core functionality, such as input, rendering,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 31, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge

Source: Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, May 31, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge Improvements

I love MS Edge, it's a great browser imho, but it could see improvements. I do a lot of stumbling on the net and run into those sites that are scams and lock the browser. So, far I've avoided any security problems by the use of task manager to close Edge.
    However, the fresh start feature includes the tab that froze it. To avoid the possibility that those sites like this become more persistent and lock not just the browser but the computer, why not include either in task manager or ms defender the ability
    to close that specific tab without it reappearing in fresh start? it would have to be powerful enough to overcome the coding of that malicious site especially if the scammers design a code that would permanently lock up the browser, tab or computer.

One last thing, Edge needs a favorites manager like explorer but easier to use. there is at least one or two 2nd or 3rd party favorite managers one can download to use, but an inhouse improvement prevents we the users from risking security problems.

Just a thought. Ani

AnettaPrince, May 31, 2017
  3. Improve rotate response

only committed to windows? who gave you that idea? mr Elop himselve suggested to get the n9! After the latest update I again have to ask the question: how to improve the rotate sensor?

theking2---01, May 31, 2017
Thema:

Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge

1. Improving input responsiveness in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Improving input responsiveness

2. Windows 10 - grayscale - responsiveness improvement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - grayscale - responsiveness improvement?: Recently, I enabled grayscale within my Windows 10 environment. I find it to be visually appealing. A secondary benefit seems to be an improvement in terms of responsiveness. For example, when I open an Outlook e-mail.In general, does enabling the grayscale option lead to...
  3. Windows 10 - grayscale - responsiveness improvement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - grayscale - responsiveness improvement?: Recently, I enabled grayscale within my Windows 10 environment. I find it to be visually appealing. A secondary benefit seems to be an improvement in terms of responsiveness. For example, when I open an Outlook e-mail.In general, does enabling the grayscale option lead to...
  4. Windows 10 - grayscale - responsiveness improvement?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft announces improvements to Collections in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces improvements to Collections in Microsoft Edge: Over the last few months, we’ve introduced you to updated experiences for favorites and history that are designed to help you stay in your flow and finish tasks faster. Today, we’re excited to share that we’re bringing many of the same...
  6. Microsoft announces improvements to history in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces improvements to history in Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to share two significant updates to history in Microsoft Edge. We know you have all been eagerly awaiting history sync, and we’re thrilled to announce that we’ve started rolling out support for syncing your browsing...
  7. Microsoft is improving notifications and badging in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is improving notifications and badging in Microsoft Edge: Notifications are an important part of the web, helping users stay up to date about what’s going on. Earlier this summer we announced a set of changes to make notification requests less distracting for users. This was just the first step, and we are working to...
  8. Scrolling personality improvements in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Scrolling personality improvements in Microsoft Edge: Scrolling is one of the most common user interactions in a browser, and it’s central to how we experience the web.Whether you’re using a touchpad, touch screen, mouse wheel, keyboard, or scroll bars, you want your scrolling experience to be fast and...
  9. Microsoft improving DevTools accessibility in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft improving DevTools accessibility in Microsoft Edge: More than ever, web developers are recognizing that the web must be accessible and inclusive in order to create great experiences for everyone. Nearly half of computer users in the US also use some form of assistive technology (AT). Users of AT may have physical or cognitive...
  10. Microsoft Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to announce some improvements to our tracking prevention feature that have started rolling out with Microsoft Edge 79. In our last blog post about tracking prevention in Microsoft Edge, we mentioned that we are experimenting with ways that our Balanced...