Windows 10: Improving or adding to "People" selection

Discus and support Improving or adding to "People" selection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to find out how to improve or add to Photos' facial recognition results - to tell the app which other photos feature the people it has already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gavin Hollis, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Improving or adding to "People" selection

I want to find out how to improve or add to Photos' facial recognition results - to tell the app which other photos feature the people it has already found and/or to add new people to the "People" category. Its results are already impressive but I have many images which are not showing up in there. How do I tell Photos who's in my pics?

:)

Gavin Hollis, Oct 3, 2018
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 3, 2018
  3. People app error code: 0x800706d9

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to remove the account from the People app and add it again by following the steps below and check.

• Open People App and click on the "..." icon.
    • Select Settings and then click on your email account.
    • Finally click on Delete Account and then select Delete.

To add an account:

• Open People App and click on the "..." icon.
    • Select Settings and then click on your email account.
    • Select + add account and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Improving or adding to "People" selection

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Improving or adding to "People" selection

1. Improving or adding to "People" selection - Similar Threads - Improving adding selection

2. Improving Window Selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Improving Window Selection: Is there any way to improve the visibility of a window when selecting from the taskbar? So, for example, I have open several excel workbooks. They are grouped together on the taskbar and when you hover over the Excel icon I get a preview of them: [img] the problem is that...
  3. adding people to my account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    adding people to my account: Hi, how can i add my daughter to my Microsoft account so that we can have separate personal accounts while using Office 365 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-people-to-my-account/2cc7e989-fb9b-427c-a4d9-195c2cb30189
  4. Problems adding Outlook People contact photo

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problems adding Outlook People contact photo: Good morning, When surfing to h t t p s : / / o u t l o o k . l i v e . c o m / p e o p l e / 0 / I can edit a contact , click the little photo camera , upload a photo , see the photo , click apply , click done . . . . . and nothing is there. [ATTACH] Did try to find a...
  5. Problems adding Outlook People contact photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems adding Outlook People contact photo: Good morning, When surfing to h t t p s : / / o u t l o o k . l i v e . c o m / p e o p l e / 0 / I can edit a contact , click the little photo camera , upload a photo , see the photo , click apply , click done . . . . . and nothing is there. [ATTACH] Did try to find a...
  6. Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding People To Windows 10 Mail From An Email: I am new to Windows 10 and the new Mail program. I have read all I can find about adding contacts to People from a received email and I am unable to do it. What I have read says to left click on a person/email in the reading pane of an email. When I do that a window opens...
  7. Adding an email to Calendar and People doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding an email to Calendar and People doesn't work: Hello. I recently got my new Surface Pro (5th Gen). I works quite well, except for the email and Calendar. I have an Office subscription but I'd rather use the built in Windows 10 apps as they integrate better. So I added my email to the Mail app. My email is with this...
  8. New email account not added in People. Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    New email account not added in People. Please help: I have a new pc with Win 10, and it came with my MS Outlook email installed. I have added my other email from a local server in my city, and it will NOT show up in "People", so I can add new contacts. I've worked on this 2 days, with no luck. Please tell me what to do. This...
  9. Upcoming improvements to the Azure AD sign-in experience

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming improvements to the Azure AD sign-in experience: Howdy folks, I’d like to give you an early heads up on some visual design updates that are coming to the Azure AD sign-in experience. Customers gave us a LOT of feedback last time we updated the sign in. It was clear that you wanted us to provide more notification, earlier...
  10. Geocoding and Routing improvements added to Bing Maps

in Windows 10 News
    Geocoding and Routing improvements added to Bing Maps: Geocoding and Routing are core services in mapping platforms. Today, the Bing Maps team is happy to announce improved algorithms and increased coverage support for these services, which also directly improve the coverage of many of the new Bing Maps Fleet Management APIs,...