Windows 10: Improving Window Selection

Discus and support Improving Window Selection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to improve the visibility of a window when selecting from the taskbar? So, for example, I have open several excel workbooks. They are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cosmarchy, Jan 26, 2021.

1. cosmarchy Win User

Improving Window Selection

Is there any way to improve the visibility of a window when selecting from the taskbar?

So, for example, I have open several excel workbooks. They are grouped together on the taskbar and when you hover over the Excel icon I get a preview of them:

Improving Window Selection [​IMG]

the problem is that I can hardly tell which one is highlighted.

The colour change between the one you are hovering over and the rest is so small.

Is there anything that you can do, to improve the contrast of a highlighted window?

Thanks

:)

cosmarchy, Jan 26, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Improving Window Selection

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Improving Window Selection

1. Improving Window Selection - Similar Threads - Improving Window Selection

2. Improve Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improve Cortana: first, I want to volunteer to help improve Cortana, if I can help, can I become part of the Cortana team?1- in photo i share here, what step 4 meaning? and please keep update answers here about the ways i can help improve Cortana with it.3- what is the programming languages,...
  3. Improve Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Improve Cortana: first, I want to volunteer to help improve Cortana, if I can help, can I become part of the Cortana team?1- in photo i share here, what step 4 meaning? and please keep update answers here about the ways i can help improve Cortana with it.3- what is the programming languages,...
  4. suggestions to improve

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suggestions to improve: Good day, I have a suggestion to improve the built-in File Explorer previously known as Windows Explorer: 1. Make tabs in File Explorer like QTTabBar or Clover, see attach screenshots 2. Make File Explorer independent from Taskbar, this solution solve problem when File...
  5. suggestions to improve

suggestions to improve: Good day, I have a suggestion to improve the built-in File Explorer previously known as Windows Explorer: 1. Make tabs in File Explorer like QTTabBar or Clover, see attach screenshots 2. Make File Explorer independent from Taskbar, this solution solve problem when File...
  6. "Improvements"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Improvements": Is anyone at Microsoft paying any attention to the huge demand for workarounds to get rid of new "features" in Windows 10? E.g., don't hide scroll bars, get rid of Quick Access, disable file grouping. Or are we to expect another 18 years of assuming all users are teenagers...
  7. improvement suggestion

improvement suggestion: Suggested improvement to "paint" programs ? Big improvement to "Paint and Paint3D" … able to crop, edit and save images in any shape - [ATTACH] ie; ONLY the heart, area with Xs would not be saved, leaving NO background...
  8. Improve performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4
  9. Improving or adding to "People" selection

Improving or adding to "People" selection: I want to find out how to improve or add to Photos' facial recognition results - to tell the app which other photos feature the people it has already found and/or to add new people to the "People" category. Its results are already impressive but I have many images which are...
  10. New Windows 10 builds have improved Wi-Fi selection, Task View updates

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 builds have improved Wi-Fi selection, Task View updates: Earlier today, Microsoft indicated that they would be increasing the speed at which builds are distributed via the Fast ring for Windows Insiders. Even though Microsoft has not released a build recently, that doesn't mean we can't get a look at what the company is working on...