Windows 10: in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use...

Discus and support in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Creating a Recovery usb stick drive from Windows10, control panel, this contains System Windows 10 Drivers eg for graphics card etc...?If install in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lse123polis, Oct 13, 2021.

1. in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use...

Creating a Recovery usb stick drive from Windows10, control panel, this contains System Windows 10 Drivers eg for graphics card etc...?If install in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use during OS installation...?

:)

Lse123polis, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 13, 2021
  3. adj592 Win User
    No Windows Boot Manager on dual boot system (7 & 10)

I thought I'd just post a little guide.

This is the only thing that worked on my ASUS N55SF dual boot system: Win7 on HDD (MBR) and Win10 on SSD (GPT).

Step 1
    Assuming that you have already Win7 installed on your primary disk, install Win10 on your secondary disk.

Step 2
    When install is done, enter your BIOS and go to the Boot section. There you should see "Windows Boot Manager" as your default boot option. Change it so that your primary disk (where you have Win7 installed) becomes your default boot option (it should be something like "P0:" followed by your disk model number, mine is "P0: ST9750423AS"). Save and restart.

Step 3
    Now Win7 should start automatically (no boot manager showing up). Enter Win7, open an elevated command prompt and run
    bcdboot X:\windows
    where X is the Win10 system partition as seen from Win7, typically E, F, G or H.

Step 4
    Restart. You should now see the Windows Boot Manager (probably the Windows 10 GUI boot manager). Select Windows 10, install your audio drivers (if you already have, I suggest you uninstall them and restart before doing this), restart and you're done.

adj592, Oct 13, 2021
  4. in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use...

Dual boot in windows10

Yes, it is possible.

First step: Backup your Windows 10 installation:

Next step, create a partition for Windows 7 in Windows 10:

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Select the System Partition where Windows 10 is currently installed.

Right click it then click Shrink.

Follow the on screen instructions as described in the following article how to shrink:

How to Create a Simple Partition in Windows 7 (Quick Tip)

After creating your partition, turn off Fast Startup, see the section of the following article how to turn it off:

How to Improve Windows 10 Boot Up Time with Fast Startup

Next, insert or connect your Windows 7 32 bit install media.

Click Install Now

When the option appears to select an installation choice, click Custom.

Select the partition we created earlier then click Next to install Windows 7.

Wait while Windows 7 is installed.

A boot entry will be automatically added to your screen so you can choose Windows 7 or Windows 10 at start up.

Resources:

How to: setup a dual boot configuration with Windows 10
    and previous versions of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use...

1. in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use... - Similar Threads - Windows10 dual boot

2. Using a Bluetooth Mouse on a Dual Boot Windows System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a Bluetooth Mouse on a Dual Boot Windows System: I have a dual boot laptop with 2 Windows 11 hard drive partitions. One hard drive partition is my regular stable Windows 11 for everyday activities and the other is a Windows Insider Partition for testing the latest OS changes. I prefer to use a bluetooth mouse, but everytime...
  3. Using a Bluetooth Mouse on a Dual Boot Windows System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a Bluetooth Mouse on a Dual Boot Windows System: I have a dual boot laptop with 2 Windows 11 hard drive partitions. One hard drive partition is my regular stable Windows 11 for everyday activities and the other is a Windows Insider Partition for testing the latest OS changes. I prefer to use a bluetooth mouse, but everytime...
  4. in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use...

in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use...: Creating a Recovery usb stick drive from Windows10, control panel, this contains System Windows 10 Drivers eg for graphics card etc...?If install in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use during OS installation...?...
  5. in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use...: Creating a Recovery usb stick drive from Windows10, control panel, this contains System Windows 10 Drivers eg for graphics card etc...?If install in a Windows10 PC as dual boot system, Windows 11, system drivers from where find and use during OS installation...?...
  6. Dual booting from UEFI system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting from UEFI system: I just purchased a new pc that comes with windows 10 home and uses UEFI for booting. I have a disk image of windows 7 from my old pc which used BIOS. I want to restore that image to a GPT disk partition and then setup a dual boot. Is this possible? How do I go about setting...
  7. Macrium and dual boot system.

Macrium and dual boot system.: Have been using Macrium for some time without problems, to backup Windows. Now I would like to know if it will backup a dual boot system, specifically Windows 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04. Has anyone had issues doing this? Gort 160483
  8. Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?: There is a button in windows settings that allows you to reset your windows? Will this affect my ubuntu partion in any way?? submitted by /u/Nicknotname2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl63ed/reinstalling_windows_from_a_dual_booted_system/
  9. Dual boot system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual boot system: I am trying to set up a dual boot system with windows 7 and win10 each on different hard drives I am trying to help a freidn who has accounting software her computer is running windows7(OEM), intel,I5 3rd or 4th gen(3XXX), 8gb memory, and 500gb hard drive. the computer is...
  10. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...