Windows 10: In-build keyboard stops working until restart

Discus and support In-build keyboard stops working until restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chillyboom, Jan 10, 2019.

1. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time:

Case 1

If i plug out my usb keyboard, so the in-build laptop PS/2 keyboard remains dead, until i restart the laptop. After restart the in-build keyboard works as expected.

Case 2 (usb-keyboard is not plugged in)

After the laptop wakes up from energy-saving or hibernation mode, the in-build keyboard remains again dead - until restart. After restart the keyboard is up and running.

I suppose as a cause of this trouble a Windows update, which has killed some service - but i could be wrong with my suppose.

Please point me to probable causes of the problem - specially to Windows services, responsible for în-build keyboard.

PS: i activated in the device manager→PS/2 keyboard an option "make waking up by keyboard possible" - no success by this.

:)

chillyboom, Jan 10, 2019

2. Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Keyboard stop working

Hi Juan,

There several reasons which can cause the keyboard to stop working, one is due to a possible driver issue. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Are there keys on your keyboard that are not working/malfunctioning? If not, is it not working at all?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 10, 2019
  4. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

Keyboard Layout Stopped Working

Hi Vlad,

To assist you better please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer and keyboard (If you are using External keyboard)?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    To check Windows version, press Windows key + R, type
    winver and press Enter.

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

At first, I suggest you to check if any Windows update is pending.

• Type update on the Windows search bar and select
      Check for updates.

• Now click on Check for updates button, it will automatically check for the Windows update if any update is pending.
    Method 2.

As you said on-screen keyboard is working as expected, it might also hardware problem. However, let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 3.

If the issue still persist, I recommend you to uninstall/re-install the keyboard driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate for keyboard, click on it to expand the same.

• Right-click on the device and select
      Uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic keyboard driver.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

In-build keyboard stops working until restart

1. In-build keyboard stops working until restart - Similar Threads - build keyboard stops

2. Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected: My Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 on my new build PC randomly stops working very sporadic, either mid typing so a key keeps repeating or just stops responding. It has happened three times now in a few days, I can't figure out any pattern as to what causes it. Unplugging the USB...
  3. Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected: My Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 on my new build PC randomly stops working very sporadic, either mid typing so a key keeps repeating or just stops responding. It has happened three times now in a few days, I can't figure out any pattern as to what causes it. Unplugging the USB...
  4. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  5. Connected devices suddenly stop working until hard restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connected devices suddenly stop working until hard restart: Hi all,I have recently been having an issue while playing Elden Ring that is becoming more frequent. While I'm playing, Xbox Elite controller over USB and Bluetooth keyboard suddenly stop responding However, my Logitech mouse over USB dongle still works fine. Since I'm...
  6. Programs stop working until computer restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs stop working until computer restart: Hi,Every once and a while almost all .exe's will either stop responding or not even open. If they open its just a white screen and task master says the program is not responding. This can be fixed by restarting my computer, but I want to know why this happens and if there is...
  7. USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports randomly stop working until I restart: Hello, I don’t know if this is the right place to get this kind of help, but I didn't see any rules opposing it so figured I'd give it a shot. So, my USB ports all stop working at a random rate, forcing me to restart my laptop. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware thing...
  8. Video not working until restart

Video not working until restart: I have had this problem since I did a fresh install of Windows 10 1809, I have since updated to 1903 and the problem persists. When I start up my computer I open a video file and the computer freezes for around 15 seconds and then sometimes it will play and sometimes it is...
  9. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 1 or 2 weeks ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 3 or so days ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sometimes keyboard stops working untilI renboot

2. keyboard stops working until reboot

3. dell keyboard stops until reboot

4. asus keyboard stop responding until restart,
  5. no keyboard until restart