Windows 10: in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast

Discus and support in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On two of my desktops and one laptop in dark mode one bar is white withe no contrast. See screenpicture. I cant find why/ Help ap[ATTACH]preciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by onnode visser, Sep 7, 2020.

1. in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast

On two of my desktops and one laptop in dark mode one bar is white withe no contrast. See screenpicture. I cant find why/ Help ap in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast 1b71eddc-6690-4a4c-adef-af824703b483?upload=true.png preciated.

:)

onnode visser, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Mutoidi Win User

Dark context menu when right clicking desktop, folders and icons.

Yes, this is an anoying bug!
    I have tried your suggestion of selecting 'dark' apps theme and then turning 'high contrast' on and off again, but desktop context menus continue/return to be 'light (grey)' - with invisble white text therefore, dislayed within them.
    I am tired of blaring white backgrounds and really like 'Dark Theme'.
    Does anyone have a decent registry hack to turn the desktop comtext menus black in 'dark' theme mode please?
    Looks like it could take MS months to rectify this - even if they are aware of/care about it it!
    Thanks,
    *Wink

Mutoidi, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Dark mode

Because of low vision I have to use Dark Mode to view all text. White text on a

black background is the only format I can use on my PC, iPhone & iPad. Currently

I am using a Windows 7 desktop in High Contrast Black. This lets me view emails, Word docs

and Excel in “Dark Mode”. However, to print a normal (black text on white) page I

have to change to High Contrast White.

From my IOS 13.6 iPhone/iPad’s Dark Mode I can print a normal page without

leaving Dark Mode. I want to change to a Windows 10 desktop with the same Dark

Mode print capabilities as I have on my iPhoe/iPad. Unfortunately, many Apps are

not Dark Mode friendly forcing frequent toggles to “Invert Colors” If Word/Excel are

not Built-in Windows 10 Apps will I have the same Dark Mode print issues I have in

Windows 7? Thanks.

IrinaMac&, Sep 7, 2020
  4. in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast

Dark Mode

I have low vision and can only view PC and iPhone screens in Dark Mode.

While in Windows 10 Dark Mode can I print a normal-looking document

i.e. black text on white background directly from Dark Mode? I can do

this from my iPhone and iPad. Currently, I use a Windows 7 PC using

High Contrast Black.and have to change to a White background to print a

normal-looking document.

Thanks.

IrinaMac&, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast

1. in dark mode one bar stays white with no contrast - Similar Threads - dark mode bar

2. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  3. Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark Mode broken in File Explorer: top stays white: I already reported this issue 2 months ago, but MS apparently does not want tfix it.You can see what my explorer windows look like. I did not change any settings within dark mode "customize". I just switched it on. It had been working for quite some time before, until I...
  4. Dark mode in Windows 11 is contrasting and blurry

Dark mode in Windows 11 is contrasting and blurry: I have a Windows 11 HP laptop. I tried some basic solutions like changing the settings for transparency, enabling/disabling contrast modes, switching to light mode and back, restarting the laptop, cleartype text settings, restarting the PC, checking driver updates. I even...
  5. Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode: I'm running 22H2 Build 22621.2428.I noticed a few days ago, when I open a file explorer, the top part of the window is white and unreadable in dark mode. I don't know exactly why it happened, but only noticed it a few days ago when I opened a file explorer.When in light mode,...
  6. Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode

Top bar of explorer is white and unreadable in dark mode: I'm running 22H2 Build 22621.2428.I noticed a few days ago, when I open a file explorer, the top part of the window is white and unreadable in dark mode. I don't know exactly why it happened, but only noticed it a few days ago when I opened a file explorer.When in light mode,...
  7. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...
  8. Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode

Classic file explorer white vertical bars in dark mode: The File Explorer in Windows 11 has got a visual bug in dark mode which, when accessing it from the Control Panel by pressing Alt + Up Arrow some vertical white lines show up and remain on screen as long as the window is open. They do not disappear or turn black if that...
  9. Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title bars of applications still white even with dark mode: I don't know why nobody is talking about it, but the title bars (of everything except the explorer) remain white even with dark mode on. It looks ugly. I don't want to use black accents....
  10. Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode shows white horizontal bar: I don't know why but my Surface shows me that horizontal bar, can I "reset" Dark Mode? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/dark-mode-shows-white-horizontal-bar/238cab5e-adcc-4adf-8367-3a21a2897bfc