Windows 10: In depth/convoluted issue involving the changing of Microsoft Accounts

Discus and support In depth/convoluted issue involving the changing of Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I need some major help from someone that truly knows. I've tried this once in the past with an answer given straight from the horses mouth. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by klepp0906, May 4, 2021.

1. klepp0906 Win User

In depth/convoluted issue involving the changing of Microsoft Accounts

So I need some major help from someone that truly knows. I've tried this once in the past with an answer given straight from the horses mouth. I was on phone support and passed around M$ for a good hour and was told I needed to wait 30 or 60 days or some such. I did, and yet still did not obtain the result I was after.Let me explain.I have two microsoft accounts. This was done without any inkling of the future ramifications of doing so. I created one with a third party email address mistake and then I left that ISP so had to move everythi

:)

klepp0906, May 4, 2021

2. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 4, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 4, 2021
  4. In depth/convoluted issue involving the changing of Microsoft Accounts

Changing local account to Microsoft account issue

Hi,

We don't have a specific cause why the issue occur. The error message you provided is a little broad and we can't narrow down the reason behind this issue. To help you, let me suggest that you create a new account with your Microsoft account in it. Please
    follow the steps below on how to create a new account:

• Press Windows key and search for Settings.
    • Select Accounts
    • Under Your emails and accounts, click Add a Microsoft account
    • Follow the on-screen instructions

After making a new Microsoft account, you can copy all the files on your previous user. Please follow steps below:

• Press Windows key and search for File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Local Disk.
    • Select Users then click your previous account.
    • Press Ctrl + A.
    • Locate your new account.
    • Press Ctrl + A again then press Ctrl + V.

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 4, 2021
Thema:

In depth/convoluted issue involving the changing of Microsoft Accounts

1. In depth/convoluted issue involving the changing of Microsoft Accounts - Similar Threads - depth convoluted issue

2. A strange, convoluted activation question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A strange, convoluted activation question: About 5 months ago I purchased a PC with Win 10 Pro. I activated it with no issues. A few weeks ago it developed a serious problem, and I returned it under warranty. The seller refunded my money, deciding the machine wasn't repairable. I purchased another PC, this one with...
  3. Strange issue involving my mouse.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange issue involving my mouse.: I have the very same problem this person in this thread had.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-very-weird-problem-involving-my-mouse/c07b36a8-864d-40bd-af14-933f2ce8dc52The issue with my mouse is after a couple of minutes of using my computer it...
  4. Strange issue involving my mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange issue involving my mouse.: I have the very same problem this person in this thread had.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-very-weird-problem-involving-my-mouse/c07b36a8-864d-40bd-af14-933f2ce8dc52The issue with my mouse is after a couple of minutes of using my computer it...
  5. Changing Color Depth on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Color Depth on Windows 10?: I have a Dell Inspiron 3583 laptop, and the Display Information in Settings lists my color depth as 6-bit. However, under List All Modes for my graphics driver, a color depth of 32 bits is listed, so I was wondering if I could increase the color depth of my monitor. If I'm...
  6. Why does Microsoft have such a convoluted login system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Microsoft have such a convoluted login system: Every time I login on on alternate device I enter my password, It sends a code to my email for security. It then proceeds to force me to reset my password. I've been forced into so may password resets I lose track and can barely remember my password. Then I have to renter my...
  7. Sample Rate and Bit Depth Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sample Rate and Bit Depth Issues: First of all, I want to say what this discussion is about. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that has a problem with sample rate and bit depth for Windows 10. My intent with this discussion is to create a place for people to resolve most of the common issues with this setting. What...
  8. How to change Color Depth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Color Depth?: When I connect the HDMI out on my laptop to my Samsung TV, the TV displays the error message "mode not supported". For Samsung TV's, this means the TV is receiving a signal at a resolution the TV is not capable of producing. My laptop is set to a resolution that I know...
  9. Domain User Issue involving RDP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Domain User Issue involving RDP: I’m installing a computer that will primarily be utilized using the Remote Desktop application. The Domain Controller is running Windows Server 2012 R2 and the computer I’m installing that will be RDP’d is running Windows 10 Professional. The new machine is a Dell Precision...
  10. can i change color depth

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i change color depth: how to change color depth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-color-depth/bdd1e041-caa0-49e6-bb88-1e93c3d2d5cb