Windows 10: In despair I removed my child from MS family, but time restrictions remain

Discus and support In despair I removed my child from MS family, but time restrictions remain in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have had several problems with MS family. More time I occasionally gave my son was not reflected on his connected Windows laptop. This went on for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paul Westerberg, Apr 20, 2020.

1. In despair I removed my child from MS family, but time restrictions remain

I have had several problems with MS family. More time I occasionally gave my son was not reflected on his connected Windows laptop. This went on for some time. Now in preparation for his school exams now on-line the issue came up again. In despair I completely removed his account from MS family, i.e. he is no longer my child ;- To no avail. The time limits remain. Additionally, he is no longer able to ask me for more time. I even cannot extend his time by logging in in my MS account on his laptop. The situation thus got worse. Could anyone please give me some suggestions to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Westerberg, Apr 20, 2020

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

As the title reads, after the child has been removed from the Family, the restrictions still persist. If the child requests for more time, there is an error stating there is no Internet connection. Is there any way to completely remove these restrictions?
    I have tried removing the child's device from all accounts.

Derrick Nguyen, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Joan Pin Win User

In despair I removed my child from MS family, but time restrictions remain

is there any way to add child screen time in family safety where "Something went wrong" message, no bump email from child and administrative access are a problem

Hi,

Joan here, stepping up for Mark Isi. Family Safety is designed to help protect children on the computer by monitoring their usage, setting time limits and restrictions, and filtering the web pages you want them to see.

To resolve your query about Family Safety, we suggest that you remove the Child Account from your Family Settings. To do that, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Family and other users.
    • Tap on the Manage family settings online.
    • Click Remove under Your Family.
    • Select on the child account you want remove.
    • Click Remove.
    • You will receive an email confirming the child has been removed from the family.
    After that, you may use this link on how to add your Child Account again in Family Settings.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to update this post.

Joan Pin, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

In despair I removed my child from MS family, but time restrictions remain

1. In despair I removed my child from MS family, but time restrictions remain - Similar Threads - despair removed child

2. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  3. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  4. how to remove a child from a family!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  5. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  6. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  7. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  8. Remove parental controls and restrictions from MS child account?

Remove parental controls and restrictions from MS child account?: Microsoft Family is a huge pain and almost totally useless, so I want to remove parental restrictions from my son's account. Do I just need to go into the Family settings in my account, and remove his account from my family? He is 12 years old; will Microsoft still apply...
  9. Removing a Child from Microsoft Family

Removing a Child from Microsoft Family: Hello Microsoft Community, My parents wanted to change my account from child to adult status and it seems that there is no way to do this without removing the child from the family and re-adding them as an adult. My account, the one that they are trying to change, is used...
  10. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.: As the title reads, after the child has been removed from the Family, the restrictions still persist. If the child requests for more time, there is an error stating there is no Internet connection. Is there any way to completely remove these restrictions?...