Windows 10: In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails?

Discus and support In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarciaObillo, Dec 29, 2018.

1. In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails?

In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails?

:)

MarciaObillo, Dec 29, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup

I was having an issue with images loading a bit slowly in my folders and one of the suggestions was to do a disk cleanup and make sure the thumbnails box was checked

However, I have no thumbnails box. The last box is Temporary Files

Can anyone offer some help?

Thank you

SteveTrolman, Dec 29, 2018
  4. In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails?

windows 10 windows media player video thumbnail problem

Hi,

Try clearing the thumbnail cache. Use these steps:

• Open File Explorer, and click This PC
    • Select the system drive (usually, C:\)
    • From the Manage tab at the top, click "Cleanup". (This launches Disk Cleanup for C:\ drive.)
    • Enable the check box for "Thumbnails", and uncheck all other items in the list.
    • Click OK
    • When Disk Cleanup prompt you with the message "Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?", click the "Delete Files" button.
    • Restart Windows and let Windows regenerate fresh set of thumbnail cache as required.
    Hope that helps.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails?

1. In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup should

2. Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup: I was having an issue with images loading a bit slowly in my folders and one of the suggestions was to do a disk cleanup and make sure the thumbnails box was checked.However, I have no thumbnails box. The last box is Temporary FilesThere is a previous thread with an answer...
  3. Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup: I was having an issue with images loading a bit slowly in my folders and one of the suggestions was to do a disk cleanup and make sure the thumbnails box was checked.However, I have no thumbnails box. The last box is Temporary FilesThere is a previous thread with an answer...
  4. Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  6. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  7. Disk cleanup not working as it should

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup not working as it should: Hi guys am new here, as in first time posting, but I have used ur site in the past. I really need help with a issue I have, as in everytime I run Windows 10 disk cleanup utility and clean up everything suggested by disk cleanup, for some strange reason where it says windows...
  8. Disk Cleanup: Thumbnail File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup: Thumbnail File: Question: I use Disk Cleanup to periodically keep my files clean. I notice that a file called Thumbnail keeps growing in size each day and I have to run Disk Cleanup on regular basis to keep this file from growing larger and larger! How can I prevent this problem?...
  9. I'm on disk cleanup and my thumbnails say 74.4 mb do I press delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm on disk cleanup and my thumbnails say 74.4 mb do I press delete?: If I press delete will my thumbnails still be there? submitted by /u/BrandExe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxkrqq/im_on_disk_cleanup_and_my_thumbnails_say_744_mb/
  10. Scary Windows 10 disk cleanup. Should I run it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scary Windows 10 disk cleanup. Should I run it.: One day after the latest update, computer is running fine, I then ran the built-in disk cleanup including system cleanup and here's what I got. Windows Update Cleanup 3.99 TB – holy cow. My total drive is using about 40 GB, I wonder where this 3.99TB is located....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are thumbnails on disk cleanup

2. should i delete thumbnails in disk cleanup

3. what are thumbnails in disk cleanup

4. what are the thumbnails in disk cleanup,
  5. thumbnails disk cleanup,
  6. is it ok to delete thumbnails in disk cleanup,
  7. should you delete thumbnails,
  8. should you delete thumbnails on computer,
  9. how to delete thumbnails from disk cleanup,
  10. is it necessary to deletethumbnails,
  11. can we delete thumbnails in disk cleanup,