Windows 10: In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...

Discus and support In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I go a particular Folder or Sub-folder in Windows Explorer Ver, 10,In Explorer,I am able to rename few particular files but I am unable to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Feb 24, 2019.

1. In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...

When I go a particular Folder or Sub-folder in Windows Explorer Ver, 10,In Explorer,I am able to rename few particular files but I am unable to change their properties. They are unprotected.They are not hidden. They are not read only even. I have Full Read, Write and Control Rights to then. I am the owner. My advanced rights to Folder Sub folder, File are Inheritance enabled. These are mainly Music Files with .mp3 Extension. I am able to play them in Windows Media Explorer 12 so it seems files are not even corrupted. Why am I unable to Change Properties Such as Title, Comment,Artists,Contributing Artists, Year, Composer etc. I am able to make change but when I click apply they do not get saved. Windows Media Player is Closed so files are not even open.

:)

Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Feb 24, 2019

2. Unable to rename the files with Preview pane option enabled in Windows 10.

Hello Maribel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description. I understand you are unable to rename the
    .pdf
    file when the Preview pane is enabled on your PC.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you able to rename the file by disabling the Preview pane option?
    • Where are you trying to change the file name (File explorer or This PC pane)?

You will not be able to rename the files in File explorer location as it only displays the files and folders which was recently accessed on your PC.

Check if you are able to rename the .pdf file in
    This PC
    location.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 24, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...

Unable to rename the files with Preview pane option enabled in Windows 10.

1. Yes, I'm able to rename the file if I do not use preview pane.

2. I click on File Explorer that's pin on my task bar. When I start clicking on subfolders to get to the file and rename the path shows it's on "This PC". I'm renaming files that are in one of our servers. Not sure if that makes a difference.

MaribelGamboa, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is...

1. In Explorer,Able to rename a file but unable to Change Properties, Though It is... - Similar Threads - Explorer Able rename

2. Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name: I got a new laptop and set-up myself as an administrator using my windows profile. My name is correctly everywhere in my profile except in the Windows " Users > [user name] folder. I have no idea where this name came from and it's incredibly frustrating, since it's a typo of...
  3. Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name: I got a new laptop and set-up myself as an administrator using my windows profile. My name is correctly everywhere in my profile except in the Windows " Users > [user name] folder. I have no idea where this name came from and it's incredibly frustrating, since it's a typo of...
  4. unable to make a folder in file explorer and rename it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to make a folder in file explorer and rename it: I am unable to make a new folder in file explorer and then rename it. This happened in Windows 10 and is still happening after I installed Windows 11. I make a new folder and it shows up normally as 'New Folder" . When I try to rename it, it jumps to some other existing...
  5. unable to make a folder in file explorer and rename it

unable to make a folder in file explorer and rename it: I am unable to make a new folder in file explorer and then rename it. This happened in Windows 10 and is still happening after I installed Windows 11. I make a new folder and it shows up normally as 'New Folder" . When I try to rename it, it jumps to some other existing...
  6. File Explorer was Renamed

File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  7. Filer explorer - rename file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filer explorer - rename file properties: Hi there, We, my office and I, wish to rename the properties available in Windows File Explorer. How can we do this? And will the changes be visible ie. MacOS?Attaching a screenshot where the rows mentioned are highlighted.Thanks,B...
  8. Filer explorer - rename file properties

Filer explorer - rename file properties: Hi there, We, my office and I, wish to rename the properties available in Windows File Explorer. How can we do this? And will the changes be visible ie. MacOS?Attaching a screenshot where the rows mentioned are highlighted.Thanks,B...
  9. Unable to change file Details under Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change file Details under Properties: Hello I have 2 .mp3 files I uploaded of which I am unable to change the file properties. I downloaded both files, put them in my playlists folder, and when I right click each file and go to Properties ---> Details, there is no way to change the song title or artist. The song...
  10. Rename/change User account in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rename/change User account in File Explorer: [img] This is what my file explorer looks like. The only user account in the control panel is TimB. I want to get rid of or rename the defaultuser1.ASUS5 account and the trgra account. I've read various account of how to fix this, but none of them exactly fit my situation....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no option to rename pdf in internet explorer