Windows 10: In explorer, while going through folders on Quick Access it keeps jumping down to "This PC"...

Discus and support In explorer, while going through folders on Quick Access it keeps jumping down to "This PC"... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my Quick Access I have multiple folders, all of which are stored on my PC. Whenever I click on a folder within one of these folders, instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rurukana, Nov 28, 2018.

1. rurukana Win User

In explorer, while going through folders on Quick Access it keeps jumping down to "This PC"...

In my Quick Access I have multiple folders, all of which are stored on my PC. Whenever I click on a folder within one of these folders, instead of staying within Quick Access it jumps down to "This PC" and has it selected. This is quite tedious as I have a lot of folders on the left sidebar and I keep having to scroll back up.

Is there any way of fixing this? Thanks in advance.

:)

rurukana, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 28, 2018
  3. ML_Tor Win User
    Quick Access is missing "Frequent Folders" and "Recent Files"

Thanks for the explanation and sorting tips, ThePhinx. I'm now using the "Recent Items" workaround in my File Explorer jump list.

One thing that I hadn't realized was that the (now useless) "Recent Folders" entry pinned in the jump list is somehow linked to its instance pinned to the Quick Access list. Removing it from the jump list removes it from Quick Access, which is not what
    I intended. So I'll have to live with a non-working "Recent Folders" in my jump list, I guess.

It's somewhat annoying that I cannot reorder the jump list to move "Recent Folders" lower in the list. I want "Recent Folders" at the top of my Quick Access list, but at the bottom of my jump list. Windows does not seem to allow that.

ML_Tor, Nov 28, 2018
  4. ron2inrr Win User

In explorer, while going through folders on Quick Access it keeps jumping down to "This PC"...

Can you make the Quick Access menu in File Explorer jump to the folder clicked on?

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I really like the new Quick Access menu in the File Explorer, where you can pin your own folders into the list.

The only problem is that when you click on a folder in the Quick Access menu, I see the contents of the folder immediately, and this is great, BUT I CANNOT EXPAND THE FOLDER in the File Explorer Navigation Pane on the left side of the File Explorer.

The Quick Access feature is great, but is there any way you can get File Explorer to "jump" to the folder you have just selected (clicked on) and then display the contents -- so that you can maneuver in the folder if you need to (I.e. the folder in the Quick
    Access menu may just be the starting point you want to be at, not the end point).

[I think I want the Quick Access menu to work like Libraries, which allows you to expand the folder you click on, but you can't pin a random folder to the Libraries list, can you?]

Or is there another "quick way" to get to the folder you just clicked on.

ron in round rock

ron2inrr, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. In explorer, while going through folders on Quick Access it keeps jumping down to "This PC"... - Similar Threads - explorer while going

2. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer: Hi allI suddenly realised that I couldn't access my onedrive - personal through the quick access of file explorer.The ”>" to the left of the icon is grayed out and cannot be clicked and the properties windows is totally empty, see figure 1 for detials.firgure 1. Empty...
  3. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer: Hi allI suddenly realised that I couldn't access my onedrive - personal through the quick access of file explorer.The ”>" to the left of the icon is grayed out and cannot be clicked and the properties windows is totally empty, see figure 1 for detials.firgure 1. Empty...
  4. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinning folders to explorer sidebar - NO QUICK ACCESS: [ATTACH] I recently migrated from Windows 7 and I can't assign folders to sidebar. I removed quick access using regedit because every time I opened explorer it changed the hierarchy of my folders. What registry values should I add to explorer to make it work? Can't pin...
  6. Removed folder won't go away from Quick Access in Explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed folder won't go away from Quick Access in Explorer.: So I have a folder called ''Downloads'' which I first had in a partition. I removed that partition (with all it's files), but the folder stayed in Quick Acces. When I right-click on it the option the remove it from Quick Access just doesn't work... Anybody knows what to do?...
  7. Go to Explorer Quick Access

Go to Explorer Quick Access: How to I navigate to Quick Access in Windows Explorer without having close and reopen the window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-to-explorer-quick-access/0df06764-59bb-47e3-8591-086365c10f52"
  8. Quick Access folders keep resetting to default

Quick Access folders keep resetting to default: For no apparent reason all the folders I place in Quick Access in File Explorer keep disappearing and being replaced by the defaults every time my PC goes to sleep then wakes up again, or restarts. I keep replacing them, but they keep vanishing again and again... :( This...
  9. "Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC: It seems that every time I reboot my computer, my folder option of Open File Explorer to Quick access has reverted back to This PC. It is rather annoying, as I definitely prefer to open to quick access. I can't find anything anywhere online where I can force this change, and...
  10. Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer: Wanting to remove Quick Access in Explorer, was instructed to change value of LaunchTo from 1 to 0 . LaunchTo is not in my registry according to the below pic. 128785