Windows 10: In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+designation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files"

Discus and support In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+designation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I access my Desktop with File Explorer, the little window on the bottom right of the screen shows "Custom Files" by default. There is an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasProctor, Nov 28, 2018.

1. In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+designation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files"

When I access my Desktop with File Explorer, the little window on the bottom right of the screen shows "Custom Files" by default. There is an option for this window that says "All Files". I would like to change the default option to "All Files". I have not been able to find much help so far.

:)

ThomasProctor, Nov 28, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Nov 28, 2018
  4. oily_17 Win User

In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+designation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files"

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+designation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files"

1. In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+designation+from+"custom+files"+to+"all+files" - Similar Threads - In+file+explorer%2C+how+do+I+change+the+file+designation+from+custom+files+to+all+files

2. Error: The system cannot read from the specified device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: The system cannot read from the specified device: I'm trying to import photos to my pc from my iphone. I'm able to import many of the photos without a problem. For others I'm getting the message "the system cannot read from the specified device". I've tried importing using Photos, Faststone Viewer and directly from my phone...
  3. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  4. Error: The system cannot read from the specified device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: The system cannot read from the specified device: I'm trying to import photos to my pc from my iphone. I'm able to import many of the photos without a problem. For others I'm getting the message "the system cannot read from the specified device". I've tried importing using Photos, Faststone Viewer and directly from my phone...
  5. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  6. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected: I get multiple messages saying my Samsung Galaxy A12 cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected when the phone has been disconnected for days! The maximum number that have suddenly appeared is at least 30! This has occurred for approximately one year. Multiple...
  7. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected: I get multiple messages saying my Samsung Galaxy A12 cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected when the phone has been disconnected for days! The maximum number that have suddenly appeared is at least 30! This has occurred for approximately one year. Multiple...
  8. I get multiple messages saying my cell phone is not responding or has been disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Making Changes To Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making Changes To Folders: I occasionally need to rename or move a folder but get an error saying a file or folder is open which must be closed before renaming or moving can continue. Often there are dozens or hundreds of files or folders and I am unable to find the one causing the error. Is there any...
  10. How can I remove my bann from comments.

How can I remove my bann from comments.: I do comment on corrupt politicians, some of whom are anti-social and dangerous to our country. On a personal level, if they say things, that go against morality and ethics...I have the right to comment, to either enlighten them or force an election for correction. If someone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change file explorer from custom files to all files